Fire Alarm Inspector – Smart Buildings – Level I
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This entry-level inspector position performs assigned tasks on fire alarm systems including minor repairs and visual and functional testing in accordance with all national and local standards.
- Provide inspection, testing, and service for fire alarm equipment to comply with NFPA72 standards as well as state and local codes. Complete required documentation including deficiency repair recommendations.
- Follow and maintain highly structured inspection schedules.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of all tests performed. Generate reports within Siemens tools and upload to city municipality websites.
- Perform minor service and deficiency repairs on all fire alarm system types.
- Complete service ticket documentation before leaving customer site.
- Provide instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections. Assist with training.
- Work overtime when needed.
- Adhere to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures.
- Complete required training and certifications within the time requirements for this role.
- Maintain stock, tools, and equipment in vehicles.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- Experience as a service technician preferred
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Must obtain NICET Fire Alarm Certification Level 1 within 12 months
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must have good customer-facing and customer service skills
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons in the requirements section.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.