An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Engineer to join our Traffic Management team within the Siemens Mobility Limited, Rail Infrastructure business.
We operate a hybrid working model and would be open to considering applications from candidates across the UK. However, you will be required to attend one of our core offices on a regular basis. These offices include; Chippenham, Manchester, Birmingham, York, Derby, London and Glasgow.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
Siemens Mobility Limited are the largest supplier of railway signalling electronic control system solutions in the UK. Our technology is conceived, designed, developed and manufactured in the UK and incorporates custom platforms that are utilized in a vast variety of products and applications, including our market-leading Siemens Controlguide Westcad VDU Control Centre suite which has the largest install base of any system of its type.
We have secured two new major frameworks for the next eight years where we will be providing our route control Traffic Management solution with a direct interface to our signaling level Westcad advanced route setting solution. This provides our customer with integrated control levels and exceptional flexibility to manage their train service and minimize delay.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
In this role you will work on railway traffic management projects throughout the full project life cycle, working in partnership with the multi-skilled, multi-disciplinary team. This is from the early stages of bids and tenders, specification, system design, through validation, testing, approvals and installation, to on-going customer support.
As a Lead Engineer in the Traffic Management team, you will work with a team of engineers through the implementation of projects to deliver technical solutions which meets the customers’ needs and complies with industry specifications.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Preparation of engineering plans, specifications and Traffic Management system design to ensure these are delivered to time, quality, and cost parameters.
- Direct and carry out checking and approval of Traffic Management system engineering as required.
- Provide support and guidance to the engineers within the team on all aspects of Traffic Management.
- Participate in the preparation of technical details, specifications and tenders for projects
- Ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required.
- Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company.
- Participate in the integration activities.
- Participate in FRACAS and Change Control processes.
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
- Participate in the planning, programming and monitoring of resources to meet timeline requirements and targets.
- Ensure staff have the appropriate competence and certification.
- Problem solve issue post commissioning and lead solution across teams.
What Qualifications, Skills and Experience do I need?
- Good background in System Engineering technical systems.
- Experience with AWS and Mendix is desirable.
- Proven problem-solving skills and able to find novel solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of task, time and management skills.
- Degree or HNC/D in engineering or related topic.
- Good customer and commercial awareness.
- Membership of the IRSE or other relevant Engineering Institution.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time