Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Medical Science Liaison to develop and maintain peer-to-peer relationships with key clinicians and medical experts in the United States (US) with focus on liver and/or cardiometabolic disease.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well-suited to an
ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Medical Science Liaison to develop and maintain peer-to-peer relationships with key clinicians and
medical experts in the United States (US) with focus on liver and/or cardiometabolic
disease. As a Medical Science
Liaison, you will be responsible for:
- Primarily support the Enhanced Liver Fibrosis (ELF TM) test.
- Serving as medical peer-to-peer resource to external disease experts and internal stakeholders.
- Strategically mapping, identifying, profiling, and prioritizing for engagement thought leaders in line with the medical plan and goals.
- Identifying opportunities for collaborations between the company and the thought leaders and investigators.
- Communicating clinical insights to the Medical Affairs (MA) team to inform medical strategy for the clinical disease area.
- Developing and executing mid- and long-term medical engagement plans with healthcare providers (HCPs).
- Aligning frequently with Medical Sciences and Medical Affairs colleagues (Collaborations, Medical Information, HEOR, Clinical Sciences etc..) to ensure proper hand-offs or to take-over the lead in specific tasks or next steps that contribute to the overall engagement plan with the regional HCP.
- Supporting Commercial teams as needed to be an asset in the discussions with external stakeholders (clinicians, payers, pharmaceutical companies, CRO, etc.) and aligning with NAM Marketing and Scientific and Clinical teams to ensure efficiencies and compliance.
- Assisting Medical Information in maintaining a library of off-label requests for the specific disease area and prepare Standard Response Letters and Custom Responses.
- Developing, monitoring, and implementing MSL medical resources to provide needs based, value-added support for the medical and scientific community in-line with company goals and objectives.
- Maintaining accurate reporting and documentation of MSL activities.
- This position is US-focused and based in the US. Will not support non-US activities.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Medical degree preferred. Other graduate health science degrees (i.e., PhD or PharmD), or equivalent with strong proven experience in defined clinical disease areas considered.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in Medical Affairs or Medical Science Liaison role or related roles in industry.
- You have experience in the clinical disease areas of liver and/or cardiometabolic disease (strongly preferred).
- You have strong, relevant clinical disease and/or clinical laboratory experience (2 or more years' relevant experience), with extensive knowledge of diagnostics’ application to clinical practice, ideally with relevant publication history.
- Preferably you have well-established networks and active relationships with thought leaders in the medical community, medical directors and external professional, disease, and research organizations.
- You demonstrate outstanding knowledge of the MSL function, medical planning, and key medical expert engagement.
- You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new software and hardware solutions
- Willingness to travel (up to 60%) and flexibility is expected
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Energetically embraces responsibilities, demonstrates ability to achieve goals.
- Has strong initiative, and functions well as part of a cross-functional team.
- Exhibits excellent time management.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently (Remote position).
The pay range for this position in NYC or Westchester County, NY is $180,608 - $248,336 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The annual incentive target is (15%) of base pay. Siemens Healthineers offers a variety of health and wellness benefits including paid time off and holiday pay. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://benefitsatshs.com/index.html
This information is provided per the required state Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Siemens Healthineers external or internal careers site.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.