Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Medical Writer (Remote) where you will be responsible for medical writing activities geared towards generating medical and scientific evidence for publication purposes within the Global Medical Affairs team.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Medical Writer (Remote) in Laboratory Diagnostics, you will be responsible for:
- Writing scientific content development for internal and external stakeholders.
- Researching, drafting, reviewing, editing, and finalizing scientific communications outputs (manuscripts, abstracts, posters, presentations,)
- Understanding, assimilating, and interpreting sources of information with appropriate guidance/direction from product teams and/or authors. Interpret and explain data generated from a variety of sources, including internal/external studies, research documentation, etc. Confirm completeness of information to be presented and challenge conclusions when necessary. Independently resolve document content issues and questions.
- Primary writer for internally initiated deliverables; responsible for incorporating and integrating all appropriate input generated through cross-functional team review.
- Partnering with external collaborators as their primary contact for medical writing projects; responsible for tracking and incorporating input as appropriate from external stakeholders.
Participating in or leading cross-functional publication planning and review meetings to coordinate and produce document/publication deliverables; responsible for establishing and adhering to document/publication timelines.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Capable of well organized, concise, and clear written and verbal communication in English
- Strong data visualization and graphical presentation skills with expertise in presenting complex scientific/clinical evidence in a well-constructed written and oral manner to cross-functional teams
- Solid understanding of scientific method, publication development activities and principles of scientific writing and editing
- Experience as a writer on peer-reviewed publications
- Well-organized, capable of working on multiple tasks simultaneously and managing priorities with minimal supervision and adapt flexibly to changing priorities
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and proficiency in or ability to learn EndNote
- Excellent attention to detail related to consistency, grammar, syntax, and scientific accuracy
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- PhD in relevant scientific field
- Willing to travel up to 10%
The pay range for this position in NYC or Westchester County, NY is $90,256 - $124,102 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The annual incentive target is (6%) of base pay. Siemens Healthineers offers a variety of health and wellness benefits including paid time off and holiday pay. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://benefitsatshs.com/index.html
This information is provided per the required state Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Siemens Healthineers external or internal careers siteAt Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.