C++ Linux Developer – Brno
At our Siemens Advanta R&D Center we are focused on a product development including software development, hardware development, mechanical design and testing for the next generation concept of Industry 4.0.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our automation platform development team in Brno. As part of this team, you will work on the data driven automation platform of the future in a startup like environment. We work in small agile teams that collaborate with other teams spread worldwide.
As part of Siemens Xcelerator, you will shape the future of industrial automation as we are shifting from traditional monolithic automation pyramid to a software-oriented architecture with SW defined automation, industrial edge devices and virtualized services. Interoperability, flexibility, and openness are the most important key elements for this growing ecosystem where we drive a customer centric product development approach.
Software development in this area allows us to learn cutting-edge technologies, which we then use in experiments and innovative initiatives.
Your task will be
- Design, develop and maintain features of a future automation platform in a real-time system environment
- Analyzing problems and locate bottlenecks and propose a range of viable solutions.
- Collaborating with other developers as needed to manage interdependencies of the project tasks, product and flow integration issues.
- Participating in reviews and/or inspections of designs, specifications, and code.
- Working with QA to meet the quality requirements needed for the products.
- Writing functional specifications and design documentation.
You can look forward to
- signing bonus up to CZK 100 000
- relocation package (CZK 100,000 if you move to the Czech Republic from abroad, CZK 50,000 if you move to Brno within the Czech Republic)
- interesting projects realized in cooperation with Siemens AG development
- hi-tech equipped labs
- unique technologies and know-how
- friendly atmosphere at workplace
What we will appreciate from you
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related technical field
- Experience with Software programming using C++
- Experience with Agile development methods
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in Unix/Linux operating system environments
- Knowledge of development for real-time environments is a plus
- Industrial automation background is a plus
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- You should be a team player
We can also offer you
- Creative job and space for self-fulfillment
- Stable background of Siemens company
- Open opportunities in expert career growth
- Personal development – coaching or mentoring by experienced leaders to build/strengthen your leadership skills
- Work with the emphasis on quality and reliability
- 5 weeks of holiday, flexible work hours, home office with contribution to cover utilities costs
- Individual budget for benefits of up to CZK 48 000, which can be changed to combination of additional 8 days of bonus holidays, credits for cafeteria system or pension/life insurance allowance
- Catering allowance in the form of luncheon vouchers or allowance in company canteen
- Opportunity become the shareholder of Siemens AG and get stocks for free
Company: Siemens, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time