Siemens Smart Infrastructure – Develop what will be important tomorrow.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure are recruiting a Principal Design Engineer - Team Leader with experience in the Transmission & Distribution industry to help us find solutions consolidating and enhancing the Nation’s electricity network for a smarter and brighter future tomorrow.
With our extensive experienced multi-cultural resource pool Siemens is equipped with solutions for every challenge industries are facing and successfully delivered many complex projects to the full satisfaction of our customers. In recognition of our determination and commitment towards the safe and successful delivery of our Projects, plus demonstrating our focus on leading positive relationships with our customers and subcontract partners, Energy Automation division of Siemens plc, UK has been ranked National Grid’s No.1 Contractor.
Based at Hebburn near Newcastle, although there is flexibility on where the candidate is based. The successful candidate will be in a Principal Design Engineering role with line management responsibilities helping upgrade existing infrastructure using Siemens latest portfolio of protection and control to ensure future sustainability for T&D network.
Siemens Digital Grid have recently secured a position on the National Grid 5 Year Light Current Framework, resiliently providing robust systems with the latest Siemens technology on new National Grid substations and extending the existing infrastructure. A safer and lower carbon project delivery footprint will be adopted.
Siemens latest portfolio of protection and control devices ensure future sustainability for T&D network, modernising digital initiatives including process bus, digital twin, and cyber security for the future.
You will successfully deliver; Transmission & Distribution protection and control systems with our end-customers from various domains & disciplines. You will provide pre-sales support to our sales and proposal teams and support the project manager and commercial team to deliver projects on target and within scope. You will have line management responsibilities.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
Future Thinker? Read on
As our Principle Design Engineer, you will:
· Ensure compliance with customer technical specifications, working with customers to scope requirements and design solutions which support and grow our market position
· Manage a sub team, to include line manager approval (annual leave, timesheets, target setting)
· Governance of Engineering output and quality
· Sign off of functional design specifications and design intent documents
· Development and configuration of engineering protection & control solutions
· Production/checking of all test documentation
· Carry out FAT activities
· Responsible for technical issues/support on allocated projects
· Ensuring solutions meet the requirements of the latest policies and standards
· Attend internal and external design reviews providing technical input
· Provide technical input for tendering activities
· Mentoring of apprentices / graduates / engineers within the business - encourage feedback, listening and challenge in an open team environment that supports innovation and learning
We are looking for super minds, not superheroes.
· A minimum qualification of HNC/HND (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
· Experience in a similar role involving governance and detailed design of protection and control systems for transmission network.
· Have or working towards Chartered Electrical Engineering status desirable.
· Ability to respond to needs of different stakeholders and build strong relationships with customers
· Experience with the following technologies: SIP 4, SIP 5, DIGSI 4, DIGSI 5
· Experienced in configuration and testing of protection systems
· Demonstrate excellent Leadership skills
· Good standard of IT literacy - especially Word, Visio and Excel
· Good written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live - happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components, systems, and service.
It’s exceptionally important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working requirements with you. And if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html].
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time