- Following your off-site induction week you will immediately begin integrating into the Siemens community and embark on a series of departmental placements within Managed Applications and Services at our Rochester site.
- As part of your programme will complete the HNC in Electrical Engineering qualification.
- You will also undertake your apprenticeship End Point Assessment in your final year.
- For the Field Engineer role - your departmental rotations will include travel to customer sites to gain experience on equipment installation and maintenance. This will involve periods away from home - an intrinsic part of the role for which you will be trained.
- Throughout the apprenticeship, depending on the role, you will continue to learn and develop your competences in areas such as:
- Familiarisation with various hardware / software systems supplied to high end energy producers and consumers. Providing technical support to site-based engineers to ensure systems are installed, configured, commissioned, and maintained to provide the required data.
- Analyse engineering problems related to equipment and systems or the causes of component failures and develop solutions.
- Develop product documentation and deliver training to engineers.
- Work closely with the Product Manager on testing and development of new solutions and upgrades to existing systems.
- Lead small to medium size projects that are assigned to you.
- Support and perform Factory / Site Acceptance / Integration Testing procedures coupled with successful completion of customer witness testing requirements.
- Undertake site installation and commissioning works.
- Shadow experienced Field Engineers at offshore windfarm and other complex sites.
- Perform dynamic site risk assessment in line with the safety rules.
- Travel to sites across the country depending on the assigned projects.
- Carry out remote fault rectification to address minor faults.
- Rotate in other parts of the business to learn and support other functions such as Meter Assurance, Product Testing, Project Design and Service Delivery.
- Identification and implementation of business improvements.
- Your learning will be supported throughout your programme by Siemens mentors and by one of our training partners who will be the apprenticeship provider.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time