Do you want to start your career at Siemens?
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
We are recruiting highly motivated candidates to join our Procurement Buyer Apprenticeship Scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in Procurement.
You will be joining our Regional Services & Solutions Europe business within Siemens Smart Infrastructure - responsible for design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of advanced electronic security, fire safety and energy management solutions that maintain business continuity, manage risk and achieve carbon reduction targets.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 2.5 year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Level 4 Commercial Procurement and Supply standard.
Here is how the programme works:
- Following your off-site induction week you will immediately begin integrating into the Siemens community. Based within Regional Services & Solutions Europe, based at our Farnborough site, you will embark on a broad range of procurement tasks supporting various Business Units within Smart Infrastructure.
- As part of your programme you will complete the Level 4 Diploma in Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
- You will also undertake your apprenticeship End Point Assessment in your final year.
- Throughout the apprenticeship you will continue to learn and develop your competences in areas such as:
- Developing close relationships with key suppliers and contributing to effective inter-departmental relationships by providing information and advice as necessary.
- Supporting opportunities to maximise the benefits of e-Business solutions and the introduction and implementation of new initiatives.
- Playing an active role in the tendering process and promoting good working relationships with existing and new suppliers to establish long term relationships.
- Ensuring that Terms & Conditions secured with suppliers effectively protect the business from the risks associated with projects.
- Identifying and supporting the introduction of new and innovative procurement processes.
- Managing quality and delivery of all purchases to project timescales, objectives and equipment specification.
- Placing orders against requisitions and ensuring correct close out of the purchase process including resolving invoice queries.
- Progressing and expediting orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Your learning will be supported throughout your programme by Siemens mentors and by one of our training partners who will be the apprenticeship provider.
You will have achieved at least 5 GCSE's grade 4 or above including Maths and English Language and you will have achieved or be on track to achieve 3 A Levels (or a Level 3 CIPS) at grade B or above - preferred subjects include Maths, English, Economics and Business studies.
What else do I need to know?
We offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary of £16,500 and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Siemens. Think this is you? Apply now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time