We’re Siemens Mobility! We’re a leading global provider of short-distance, regional and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are future-oriented and enable cost-effective operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources. We are super excited to add a Material Program Manager to our Order Management team in beautiful and affordable Sacramento, California to ensure on time delivery of open purchase orders to support production demand. This is a non-remote role based at our Rolling Stock Campus in beautiful and affordable Sacramento, California.
We offer your Growth, Opportunity and Challenge!
What you will be doing:
• Ensure On-Time Material Availability for Production
• Provide daily updates to Production Management to ensure visibility of current & future material issues
• Analyze system need dates, supplier commitments and current production status to identify critical material issues
• Consistently work on Demand & Supply to proactively identify gaps and work with planner buyers and Strategic procurement to eliminate the gaps
• Escalate critical material shortages immediately upon identification and own the efforts to resolve and continue to escalate
• Work proactively with Project Managers & Engineering to identify unreleased parts and evaluate the impact to production, If need be escalate to management
• Attend Engineering Procurement meetings
• Work with PPM on FAI parts and escalate on a timely basis the impact on project timeliness
• Implement solutions to overcome current & future Material Shortages Coordinate and optimize Delivery schedules with critical Suppliers
• Work with Production Managers to understand Critical Production schedules
• Manage and support the activities of assigned Production Controllers
• Support planning & coordination of new Projects, New components and Engineering Changes and assess the impact to Production Schedules
• Work with Engineering & Program Management to develop roadmaps for the phase-out of obsolete parts and phase-in of new product materials
• Challenge and influence Demand Planning & Strategic sourcing teams to improve, Identify &
• Coordinate with Quality Management, MRB & Production to avoid impact due to non-conforming materials
• Escalate and work with Project Management team of material impact on project timeline
• Track KPI’s and generate Reports, Charts & Presentations for OM Performance
• Foster Strong Partnerships and Collaborate with all Stakeholders. Concentrate on improvements and constructive feedback
What you will need to be successful in this role:
3-5 years of experience in procurement / SCM in a manufacturing environment.
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline - business, commercial, manufacturing, or engineering degree
Proficient in SAP ERP.
Proficient MS Excel skills. Well versed other MS Office products (Word, PP & Outlook).
Experience in an engineer-to-order manufacturing environment and Rail Manufacturing.
Strong negotiating skills.
We would be impressed if you had:
Strong technical knowledge and understanding of procurement, inventory control, and process control.
Results-orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
Tenacious and assertive driver who escalates in supplier organization as well as internal
Ability to understand, evaluate & monitor supplier capacity
Analytical, numerically astute with proven problem-solving abilities
Strong written & oral communication and interpersonal skills
Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and supplier
Ability to lead others to solve complex problems and use sophisticated analytical thinking to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
Why Siemens Mobility?
We are # 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits
Vacation & Time Off: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: Savings Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Office Life: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
* Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
We stay at the forefront of the rail industry. We continuously improve, learning directly from those who are doing the work.
We are optimistic about change and the possibilities it brings: We welcome programmatic improvements and strategy shifts which will result in positive results for the world.
We value our people, and we support their growth and development: Our people are at the center of our work, and we support their development by finding their level of potential development through problem-solving and in collaboration with peers.
We mean what we say, and we commit to our promises: We follow through on our commitments with honesty and integrity
We do more with less: We are a lean organization serving customers who are serving communities of people.
We are principles-based, not rules-based: We make decisions based on what we believe is best for our people and the communities we serve as opposed to adhering to a prescriptive set of immovable practices.
We value diversity and strive to be inclusive in our work, both for our customer and our team members: We believe in the importance of investing in employees in alignment with our values and honoring every individual story and unique path.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.