Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019, with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
The DevOps engineer role plays an important role in our company’s product development and release processes. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for building, testing, and maintaining the cloud infrastructure and tools to enable faster development and release of our applications.
- Understanding the business goals and needs to come up with the right processes, tools, methodologies, and practices, from coding and deployment to maintenance and updates.
- Implement and enforce best practices to automate and improve software development and release processes.
- Working with developers to ensure that software development and release follows the established processes and practices and works as intended. Also, assist the engineers if need be.
- Analysis of the current systems and develop plans for enhancements, improvements, and optimizations.
- CI/CD, cloud deployments, and infrastructure management.
- Setting up monitoring and alerting tools with dashboards.
- Performance monitoring and assessment - Recommend performance optimizations, based on monitoring and assessment.
- Responsible for safe and secure infrastructure against cybersecurity threats.
- Sustainable DevOps culture.
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of DevOps experience.Working knowledge of the following technologies and software:
- Azure DevOps, CI/CD pipelines using Classic and YAML templates
- Azure Cloud services - IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS offerings
- Azure Kubernetes Services (Extensive hands-on experience)
- Linux Administration
- Elastic stack
- VM and containers using tools such as Docker/Kubernetes.
- Proficiency with Git and GitHub workflows
- Nice to have: Kubernetes certifications
- CKA - Certified K8s Admin
- AZ 400 and AZ 900
- Strong knowledge of 3-tier application deployments to cloud environments.
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes objects such as deployments, job, pvc, pv, secrets, volumes etc.
- Hands on experience in deploying Infrastructure, using tools like terraform, bicep etc.
- Strong knowledge of Azure cloud offerings in IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Knowledge in PowerShell/Shell scripting (OR knowledge of any programming language).
- Experience in working programmatically with APIs.
- Experience with Azure DevOps and Azure repo.
- Knowledge on installing and configuring MYSQL, MSSQL, and PostgreSQL databases.
- Knowledge on monitoring tools such as New Relic, ELK stack, Grafana etc.
- Experience on Linux infrastructure.
- Knowledge of the software’s application layer.
- A team player but can work independently too.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects, if need be, by prioritizing the tasks.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time