Test Automation Engineer – Java/C++ build systems & Tools (Linux)
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019, with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
This job expects development of test automation framework and/or test scripts for system verification of eclipse-based desktop application, predominantly developed and deployed in Linux based environment. One should have Implemented good unit and integration test strategies and experienced in configuration management of applications that are based on C++/java specific build systems.Main tasks:
- Understand the existing applications, its configuration and build strategies.
- Understand the coverage tools existing in the system
- Implement techniques to enable code quality metrics, coverage data generation for various components of existing application
- Collect coverage data from various components, and seamlessly present the aggregated reports
- Build the reports that enables quick and contest sensitive feedback on individual modules or component level code smells
- understand the user requirements, develop test cases, automation scripts, perform testing, debug the automation code, and provide comprehensive reports
- Proven 5+ years of experience in Linux development environments
- should have good programming skills, minimum 3 years of hands-on programming experience in Java or C++
- Decent scripting experience in shell/Python/ Ruby is essential.
- Good Knowledge of Test Automation (concepts & goals) & Desktop based product test automation.
- Experience in different kinds of test automation framework.
- Strong experience in any automation test tools (like QTP, QF-Test, RFT.)
- Good knowledge in configuration and build tools like Bazel, Jenkins etc.
- Good knowledge on repository management tools like Git, Bit Bucket, etc.
- Prior experience in java-based build systems and coverage tools like JaCoCo and UI automation tools like QFTest.
- Good knowledge of analytics & monitoring solutions like Grafana
- Excellent debugging skills/strategies.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced in working in an Agile environment
- Good Knowledge in eclipse IDE, developed add-ons/ plugins on eclipse Platform
- Knowledge of 93K Semiconductor test platforms
- Good know-how of agile management tools like Jira, Azure DevOps.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time