Devops Engineer – Java/C++ build systems & Tools (Linux)
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019, with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
We are looking for a Devops engineer who has proven 5+ years of experience in Linux development environments and capable of supporting our software development teams in automating the application lifecycle through build, test, stage, and deployment by using DevOps and continuous delivery/deployment best practices.Main tasks:
- Understand the existing applications, its configuration and build strategies and coverage tools existing in the system
- Implement techniques to enable code quality metrics, coverage data generation for various components of existing application
- Build the reports that enables quick and contest sensitive feedback on individual modules or component level code smells
- Create efficient, reliable infrastructure with code, automate processes and provide operational support. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Improve CI/CD tools integration/operations, and full automation of CI testing.
- Continually review current practices and implement best practices and emerging concepts in CI/CD landscape.
- Proven 5+ years of experience in Linux development environments.
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role.
- Experienced in establishing an optimized CI / CD environment relevant to the project.
- Automation using scripting language like Perl/python and shell scripts like bash and csh.
- should have knowledge of Java or C++ (intermediate).
- Having knowledge of code coverage integration using gcov/lcov is desirable.
- Knowledge of JIRA administration is required.
- Good knowledge in configuration and build tools like Bazel, Jenkins etc.
- Good knowledge on repository management tools like Git, Bit Bucket, etc.
- Good knowledge of analytics & monitoring solutions like Grafana
- Excellent debugging skills/strategies.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced in working in an Agile environment
- Good Knowledge in eclipse IDE, developed add-ons/ plugins on eclipse Platform
- Prior experience in java-based build systems and coverage tools like JaCoCo and UI automation tools like QF-Test.
- Knowledge of 93K Semiconductor test platforms
- Good know-how of agile management tools like Jira, Azure DevOps.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time