Siemens Mobility drives and traction motors operate worldwide: More than 90,000 motors are used in various rail vehicles, from trams to high-speed trains to powerful locomotives. We match our traction motors and drives flawlessly to one another and the project-specific requirements. We can manufacture motors and drives in many countries to meet our customer's needs, and our service network covers the world.
Our Traction Drives business in Alpharetta, GA, is looking to hire a Production Activity Coordinator responsible for inventory control and work release according to the production plan and monitoring shop floor activities. This central role involves customer service and data entry tasks for the warehouse and facilitates production status meetings working with a multi-functional team. This position is essential to the workflow as you will be the liaison between the material planner and our production team. On-site hours are 6:30 am-3:00 pm, Monday-Friday.What your day-to-day will look like:
- Give excellent customer service support to production work centers as you manage the daily activity of processing materials movement transactions using an RF device or computer (SAP).
- Examine documents, materials, or products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications. Investigate material discrepancies.
- Maintain equipment storage areas to protect inventory and coordinate the cycle count process.
- Participate in work groups/projects to inform oneself and provide information to optimize processes and workflows.
- Release warehouse picks according to production schedule priority by reading work orders to determine material/equipment needs.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects, SPS events, 5S audits, and safety walks.
- Maintain maintenance records, serial number tracking sheets, and other pertinent documentation.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- SAP experience
- APICS certification desired
- Knowledge of EHS regulations and procedures
- Computer software applications: SAP, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Understanding of material flow throughout the supply chain (both raw and finished goods)
- Knowledge of basic lean principles and techniques for optimizing processes and eliminating waste
- Performance of methods for protecting inventory and the accuracy of counts.
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.