Siemens Smart Infrastructure is growing! We are currently searching for an experienced System Engineer to support our Fire alarm system and Security system in Singapore.
This position is responsible for the design of Integrated Fire alarm systems using company tools and operating protocols; Security system will be preferred.
• Receives project specifications from Project Manager and designs Fire alarm / Security system jobs.
• Chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution.
• Prepares all required submittals and schedules subsequent hand-off to operations.
• As a technical resource to team and customer
• Participates in sales to operations handover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
• May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or clients.
• Independently designs Fire alarm / Security systems for standard (eg NFPA ) and/or critical environment facilities
• May need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer/consultant requirements.
• Designs the integrated Fire alarm / Security systems consisting layouts, bill of materials, sequence of operations, control panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications and contract documents.
• Designs mainly Fire alarm / Security systems network architecture to support operator workstations, Servers, third-party integration devices connected through Ethernet, BACNET etc.
• Able to set up/comission Servers / work stations / gateways or any interfacing devices related to Fire alarm / Security systems.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
• Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and system specialist for use in commissioning and validation.
• Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
• Prepares specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers.
• Selects proper types and sizes of company products and outside suppliers to meet project requirements.
• Prepares all information on pre-engineering extras or change orders to submit to customer or subcontractor.
• Oversees the creation of system graphics.
• Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertaining job related information.
• Perform all site commissioning or troubleshooting activities as required.
• Able to particiate site commissioning , inspection activities as required.
• Able to perform trouble shooting and problem solving oninstallation or interfacing on site.
• Maintain high level knowledge related to Building Management systems and other interfacing systems or protocols.
• Able to understand or knowledge on the Fire alarm / Security systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, although an Associate’s Degree/Certification in technical field along with equivalent experience will also be considered.
• 3 years engineering experience preferred, in Fire alarm / Security systems in Data Centre, Pharma, healthcare environments.
• Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
• Proficiency in Modbus, BacNet, API, IT networking and fire alarm addressable system will be a plus
• Proficiency in programming, job start-up, commissioning and troubleshooting preferred.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Fully proficient and independent design skills.
• Able to design medium to large jobs with deviation from standard tools, products or practices as needed.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Pte. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time