team of about 380,000 colleagues around the globe and help us create environments that care.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings, and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
Electrification and Automation (EA)
Headquartered in Wendell, NC, the Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio to create the power distribution grid of the future.
About the role
Can you help us shape the future? We are looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow.
Join our Training and Onboarding (T&O) team as a Sr. Technical Trainer and help us create the future of how our organization onboards and trains our employees, and how we transform the way our customers experiences Siemens by serving them best-in-class product training enablement. You will partner with our Service Project Managers, Business Development Managers, Product Managers and other subject matter experts and senior leaders across the organization to develop and deliver live/in-person training content, as well as develop and deliver digitalized/virtual training programs.
You will also work in collaboration with the T&O team to shape the minds of the organization about how to think differently about training concepts, and how to create attraction and scalability of the collateral and content your team produces. This is a new team; we are looking for team members who have an entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset to help us make this a success.
We make real what matters. This is your role.
- Executing individual/group technical training courses for customers at site, or preferably in the new Customer Experience Center in the Siemens Wendell NC location, across scopes including but not limited to energization, installation, maintenance, trouble shooting, root cause analysis and review of testing documents/data
- Support in the organization of a systematic and structural framework to be used for reviewing and leveraging existing training collateral for an agile and continuous improvement approach into the future
- Support in the technical content development with your expert Siemens Low and Medium voltage power distribution product knowledge to be used for all delivery mediums across the digital to in-person spectrum
- Assist in the development and production of training collateral in written and video formats – in many ways, we see you becoming “the face” of the organization
What you need to make real what matters.
- Expert level technical product knowledge in Siemens Low Voltage and/or Medium Voltage Power Distribution Equipment including commissioning, maintenance, trouble shooting and repair
- Experience communicating and/or training technical power distribution subject matter
- Effective and concise skill in explaining complex technical topics in an engaging and interactive way across varying levels of customer types and roles
- Advanced safety knowledge of Low Voltage/Medium Voltage power distribution equipment
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Digital Literacy - MS Office Suite, standard equipment interface programs
Estimated Travel Requirement: expected 25% or less – depending on customer demand
Location: Wendell, NC preferred
NOTE: We’re open to remote (non-Wendell, NC) applicants, however this would result in more travel requirements to the Wendell site on an as-needed basis accordingly.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.