Software Engineer (Application Specialist)
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019, with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
The Application Expert (AE) has the core task of taking over all important daily tasks in service and is the first contact person for the Business Power User in the 2nd level. The AE deals with incidents and takes care bug fixing as well as coordinating the implementation of small to medium change request packages. In this role the AE acts as liaison between the business side and the development team. The AE reports KPIs to the responsible Application/Service Manager on a regular basis and monitors quality criteria so that, in the best case, the service manager only must do the annual service planning.
To define AE In a single sentence - AE is a SPOC for the applications on IT side.Tasks:
- SPOC for Business Power User concerning the related application
- Incident Management
- Perform 2nd level support (if 1st level could not solve the issue) and clarification of bugs
- Check incoming service tickets, forward them to the related developer, if applicable, and find the best possible solution for the customer
- Manage, coordinate and approve releases (bug fixes & change requests with responsible project manager)
- Authorize users
- Perform application specific configurations
- Perform integration tests & support user acceptance tests
- Manage functional users
- Maintain application-related documentation (Confluence, Wikisphere)
- Carry out performance analysis in case of issues in the related tools
- Service Monitoring - Check log files and monitoring outputs
- Analyze outages and perform measures to avoid issues in the future
- Maintain interfaces (only configuration updates, no implementation)
- Identify measures to optimize the application service
- Manage quality (ensure compliance processes)
- Implement re-organizations in the application
- Execute security measures (CERT, ACP, Info Sec)
- Service Reporting & controlling
- Document and report outages
- University degree in IT or related field
- Several years of experience in Service Management (e. g. ITIL certification)
- Experience in Requirements Engineering and IT Demand Management
- Ability to understand business processes and elicitate requirements
- Experience as well as in-depth knowledge of IT software development projects
- Customer-oriented behavior as well as the ability to work together with responsibility and respect
- Fluent Business English written and spoken
- Abstraction capability and logical thinking
- Basic experience in the technology of Web- or Mobile-Applications as well as distributed IT systems (Microservices).
Optional-Knowledge in the following tools: JIRA, Graylog, Confluence
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time