- Working both independently, and as part of highly collaborative teams, deliver innovative manufacturing test process technologies through the design, deployment, and support of power and control-based product test systems.
- Ensuring world class process performance through the proactive management of reliable, repeatable, and efficient production testing processes/equipment. This must include considerations such as proficient problem-solving techniques, machine data analysis and visualisation, and robust maintenance procedures.
- Maximising business performance, through the ownership of core manufacturing product testing processes with the emphasis on Process Capability, Quality, Efficiency, and Safety.
- Challenging the status quo regarding manufacturing methodologies and technologies especially regarding scouting, planning, and sustainable deployment of disruptive digitalisation and automation technologies.
- Working within the Manufacturing Engineering department, as a member of the Test Engineering team, you will develop and support automated test solutions for our range of products and associated control and options modules.
- Work to challenging deadlines during the support of the introduction of new product portfolios and drive for continuous improvement of existing test solutions.
- Act a technical leader and mentor to other team members, peer engineering teams, 1st line support maintenance/technician teams, and other manufacturing personnel.
- Be part of a highly collaborative global factory networking group, ensuring that best practise sharing, standardisation and solution scale-up are maximised.
- Hold a degree, or equivalent, in an engineering discipline, preferably electrical/electronic engineering. A BTEC HNC, HND, or substantial experience may also be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in design of industrial/instrumentation electrical hardware within a technology driven manufacturing environment.
- Ability to interpret and write quality software, ideally with exposure to C or C++. But other modern languages including low-code and graphical programming environments will also be considered.
- Self-motivated application of problem solving and critical thinking techniques to ensure that production test processes are continually operating at world class levels of efficiency and utilisation.
- A natural flair for innovation entrepreneurship with an appetite for emerging technologies and digitalisation.
- An appreciation of machine safety requirements and risk assessment processes.
- Good communicator who can converse at a technical level and articulate engineering topics in non-specialist or management forums.
- Manage your time effectively with the ability to multi-task across projects to achieve the key requirements of the business.
- The ability to develop as a core technology expert within the role, with the expectation to develop close networks within our global factory network communities
- Exposure to Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and industrial control system-based programming solutions (Siemens TIA environment etc.) would be advantageous.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time