Power Plant Resident Engineer/ Lahore, Pakistan
We are a collection of innovative minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further. We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow.
Join our Siemens Generation & Industrial Application Services as the Power Plant Resident Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your Role – International, Challenging And Future-Oriented!
We are looking for a Power Plant Resident Engineer to join our Project Management team of Services Business. The job role would primarily cover responsibilities related to execution of Long-Term Services Agreement and Standard outages/project execution. You will be tasked with continuous monitoring and assessment initiatives of the facilities including covered equipment performance analysis and reliability as well as process/equipment troubleshooting in case of forced outages. In this role, you will serve as an on-site Siemens representative to carry out directives from Siemens Program Manager while supporting the Customer regarding day-to-day issues regarding the equipment covered under the LTSA. The role comes with ample opportunities for growth, reflective of Siemens mission to empower people with a growth mindset.
- Provide a primary on-site contact for communication between the Customer and Siemens.
- Provide performance related technical support, assistance, and evaluation when operating or maintenance problems occur. In case of unscheduled outages, initiate and execute the standard action plan to facilitate resolution, troubleshooting, fact-finding and perform RCA as appropriate based on LTSA manual and guidelines.
- Prepare performance and availability/reliability calculations, in accordance with ongoing continuous monitoring efforts.
- Provide recommendations to the project management team for enhanced performance of the facility.
- Maintain knowledge of potential enhancements to the plant performance developed by Siemens for the fleet.
- Review records and activities of operations periodically to confirm compliance with Siemens guidelines.
- Provide input to maintenance and overhaul scopes and schedules.
- Assist with continuous improvement of the overall maintenance planning and execution with recommendations for, developing and establishing improvements in general operating and maintenance standards and processes.
- The LTSA Plant Resident Engineer operates on the basis of established and well-known procedures, performing duties independently with only general direction given. Decisions are made within policy guidelines of Siemens and prudent industrial maintenance practices.
- The resident engineer must ensure that all work is performed in a safe manner resulting in no accidents, in compliance with all internal and external EHS regulatory requirements at all times. The LTSA Plant Resident Engineer must communicate information to the Customer via the Project Management interface, relative to the performance of the facility, and provide suggestions and observations for improvement in the customer’s O&M practices routed through the project management.
- Responsible for internal management reporting as well as to the customer as per the LTSA guidelines.
- Direct diagnostics with the ability to determine root cause and corrective actions initiates actions to minimize project non-conformance cost.
- of the project.
- Coordinate project communications internally and externally (reporting, correspondence, meetings, etc.)
- Identify project problems and obtain solutions, based on equipment maintenance history.
- Ensure compliance to standards, rules, and regulations. Set necessary measures to ensure zero harm policy in environment, health, and safety, set up framework to regularly check compliance of in projects and with subcontractors
Preferred Education, Skills, Knowledge and, Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics) from an accredited university or college.
- Typically, 12-15 years of combined cycle power plant operation and maintenance experience.
- Understanding of, and proficiency in, HV/MV/LV electrical systems, Instrumentation and Control systems, mechanical systems, maintenance (planned, preventive and corrective), commercial operations economics(estimating and budgeting), thermal dynamics, and administration and supervision.
- Experience in Power Plants, Oil & Gas, and large execution projects etc.
- Gas turbine, steam turbine, Compressors, Generator and Distributed Control System (DCS) experience required.
- Ability to prioritize, and manage time optimally.
- Strong communication & presentation skills to present complex issues to multi-level audiences and effectively communicate progress, status, and issues to internal management and to the customer.
- Experience with Risk management - opportunities, risk mitigation, appropriate planning to reduce impact of risks etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Project, Powerpoint.
- Willing and able to do travelling (40-50% of time).
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Pakistan Engineering Co. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time