We are currently recruiting for Maintenance Manager to join us in Siemens Mobility Customer Services team in Chippenham, Wiltshire.
You will lead a Customer Services team responsible for ensuring maintenance contracts are delivered in line with the service specifications, health, safety, environmental and financial budgets.
You will act as the primary interface to the client(s) and will be responsible for coordinating the service delivery in line with the Customer Services model, ensuring key functions such as Engineering Support, Training, Obsolescence, Spares, and Configuration are able to achieve the overall business objectives in ensuring delivery of exceptional customer service.
Initially, you will be involved with the ongoing maintenance support discussions and workshops required to successfully negotiate each of the maintenance contracts.
The role will require development, implementation and continuous improvement of key processes and procedures, delivery strategic goals and targets, effective resource management, coordination of internal and external stakeholders, as well as developing customer and industry partner relationships.
The role location will be initially based in Chippenham/ Birmingham/ Derby however flexible working will be considered. The initial period is likely to be up to two years after which the location will be dependent upon contractual requirements and business needs.
The role will include the requirement to undertake duties outside of core working hours as leader of, and occasionally as part of, an on-site roster delivering support 24/7 365 days a year.
This is your role
- Lead the service delivery team and set clear objectives that are aligned to contract requirements, ensuring service levels are achieved
- Monitor and report on contract performance, implement effective contract reviews, and use available metrics to achieve continuous improvement
- Resolve customer issues, as and when they arise, quickly and effectively
- Ensure the health and safety of all staff and stakeholders is at the forefront of any decision making
- Be responsible for financial performance of contracts, and through effective cost control, identify areas for process efficiency improvement and implement solutions
- Embed effective contract service reviews to establish feedback against current performance levels and gather an understanding of any potential future opportunities
- Manage relationships with various stakeholders, including internal departments and external suppliers
- Work with account managers to identify new service offerings and support associated tendering activities from a service delivery perspective
- Continuous management, monitoring, development, and improvement of processes to ensure consistent and successful maintenance service delivery
- Actively manage resource allocation to deliver all contractual requirements
- Management and development of technical teams across multiple locations to deliver key business objectives, including 24/7 365 operations at York ROC (Rail Operating Centre)
- Actively participate in customer meetings, taking the lead in service and maintenance areas and activities. This would include production of reports, KPIs, studies, recommendations, and update on contract status
- Working with engineering, materials, and supply chain management to continually assess and ensure that the Customer Services team can provide support for all legacy and new products and systems including resolution of obsolescence issues.
- Be self-driven to enhance own capabilities to meet and sustain competencies, and any other customer driven accreditation, to customer requirements
What do you need to qualify for this role
- Strong leadership skills including an ability to drive a team’s performance (essential)
- Demonstrable experience in Maintenance Management, service delivery management or engineering (essential)
- Project Management accreditation (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills, with customers, external partners, and internal colleagues at all levels
- Knowledge of contract safety requirements and contract conditions
- Ability to make informed decisions on service contract delivery based on interpretations of Contract Specifications
- Understanding of how critical infrastructure systems operate (Rail signalling or similar)
- Minimum of HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Hold, or be working towards an IRSE license
- Knowledge of railway systems, technologies or other related safety critical systems is preferred
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time