- In License Management, you will ensure the smooth planning and administration of 3rd party software licenses while maintaining license compliance, including contract and vendor management for selected software agreements.
- To this end, you will consult and coordinate with your colleagues. This includes service unit (GC LM), product house (PLM / R&D) or on customer projects (regarding use or procurement of 3rd party licenses or clearing).
- Your responsibility will then be to review and manage 3PP licenses during the quoting and execution phases and ensure compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- As well as supporting the clarification of demand from a licensing perspective and optimizing demand and usage through active monitoring based on comprehensive transparency through an asset management tool, including pooling and clearing.
- You ensure the quality of commercial software contracts (e.g. orders, license evidence, complete inventory and usage).
- This includes the definition of licensing rules and specification for the secure storage and documentation of license certificates or the description of the clearing process of project-specific software from other manufacturers (not part of the product) in control technology solutions. You maintain the documentation for the procurement and use of software from other manufacturers in coordination with the product house and the selected End User License Agreement (Spectrum Power EULA) for products from other manufacturers that are not part of the product.
- You will be the regional contact for Global Software Asset Management and Software Procurement, thus implementing the SW procurement strategy for SW licenses and SW services by jointly negotiating with Procurement and managing global agreements.
- In doing so, you will ensure that the software procurement strategies are properly communicated and implemented, such as distribution of information and training or through webinars.
- With key customers and end users, you will contribute to the resolution of issues by regularly reporting on the results of target achievement in the relevant tools/systems and by liaising with key support groups.
- You have a Master's degree with a technical focus or a comparable education.
- In addition, you already have long years of relevant professional experience in a related area as a license manager, software asset manager, in IT or in the grid control environment.
- You have experience with network license models incl. 3rd party products or the support of engineering applications ideally from Spectrum Power.
- Your previous work experience includes collaboration in international teams and experience in worldwide projects.
- In addition, you are a strong communicator with at least good German and business fluent English skills.
- You have a high customer orientation and are used to working in international teams.
- With us, everyone has the opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies. Our portfolio includes products and services in the field of electrification, automation and digitalization. A working atmosphere and culture based on trust, responsibility and respect.
- We value the fact that our employees are individuals and have different preferences and needs. If we all thought the same way, we would never come up with anything new! That's why we recruit exceptional people from all walks of life. We strive to promote our culture of diversity, equality and inclusion. We encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and are happy to provide opportunities to discuss flexibility and reasonable adjustment requirements. Many of our teams work effectively in a virtual environment, which allows us to offer even more flexibility in scheduling. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape the future!
- Find more benefits here
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time