Passion and creativity for innovation? Hop right in.
We make real what matters. This is your role:
In your new role as a senior research scientist you design PKI security modules and security architectures for Siemens’ products and solutions and you conduct applied research to develop new technologies.
- You apply R&D results in projects with Siemens business units and Siemens IT worldwide and develop proof-of-concepts.
- You provide technical consulting and coach stakeholders from Siemens’ business units on security topics.
- You contribute in designing reusable security building blocks as well as in securing large industrial and infrastructure solutions.
- You manage research and customer projects, e.g., in the field of security, especially PKI, certificate management, digital signatures, post-quantum cryptography, secure architectures, cloud computing security, IoT.
- You collaborate with national and international partners, both internally and at universities and research institutions.
- You actively share your know-how within Siemens and supervise interns and working students.
- You have successfully completed your PhD or master‘s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or similar with very good results, preferably with a focus on IT security, cyber security or information security or equivalent experience.
- Besides, you have an advanced understanding of state-of the-art cyber security concepts and architectures, especially PKI. Experience in post-quantum cryptography is a plus.
- You already gained 5+ years’ experience in the field of cyber security with a focus on PKI, i.e., you know relevant IETF standards for X.509 Public Key Infrastructure very well. You are experienced with digital signature and certificate usage in security protocols and data formats. You know certificate enrollment and management protocols in detail.
- Optimally, you have experience in setting up PKI systems in Linux, Windows, or Cloud environments.
- You score with experience in OT environments, agile software development and programming, e.g., using OpenSSL API or Bouncy Castle.
- You distinguish yourself by an innovative mindset, openness to address new topics, strong customer orientation, with a high degree of personal initiative and a team-player mindset.
- You have managed medium-sized projects and are willing to occasionally travel to meetings and workshops with customers.
- Strong communication skills in English, German is a plus.
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a global standard
- Attractive remuneration package
- Development opportunities for both personal and professional growth
- 30 leave days and a variety of flexible working models that allow time off for yourself and your family
- Share matching programs to become a shareholder of Siemens AG
- Appealing Siemens pension benefits
- Location-dependent childcare services to combine family and career
- Find more benefits here
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Either