For many years, Siemens has been developing a range of innovative solutions to meet the challenges of energy transition facing the world. Siemens, and more specifically the Smart Infrastructure division, provides the products, services, and systems to intelligently connect energy systems, buildings, and industries, enhancing the way we live and work to significantly improve efficiency and sustainability and to make electricity grids more intelligent and reliable for customers operating in various sectors.
If you want to continue your professional career in this dynamic environment full of current challenges, Siemens Belux is actively looking for a Commercial Project Controller for the Business Unit Electrification & Automation of the Smart Infrastructure Division.
What will you be doing?
As a Commercial Project Controller, you will be responsible for the financial management, including the preparation, controlling, forecasting, and reporting, of projects at all stages, from the procurement phase up until the execution.
Together with the technical project manager, you will ensure that the projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget, and in accordance with Siemens' financial guidelines and quality requirements. You will contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and to the positive results of our business.
Specifically, your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Supporting the acquisition phase of the project by ensuring the proper reading and management of the proposed contract, including the different commercial clauses and legal aspects. If necessary, you will negotiate with customers, to meet their requirements while protecting the interests of Siemens. The aim is to maintain a long-term collaboration with the customers.
- Financial review of bids to ensure correct calculations.
- During the execution phase of the project, you control and monitor the costs and prices, with the aim to respect and optimize the planned financial project results.
- Identify and optimize non-conformity costs.
- Invoicing, according to the terms of the contract, as par project progress.
- Contract management, meaning constant verification of changes in terms of scope and respect of contractual clauses throughout the different phases of the project including modifications to the contract, if necessary.
- All these operations are encoded, modified, and updated in our SAP system. You ensure that the financial data recorded is correct and that the results are reported correctly.
- You will work in tandem with the technical and commercial engineers and you will be in close contact with different support functions like legal, procurement and order management.
- In addition to your project activities, you will support the digitalization and automation of our financial processes, from order to invoicing.
- In this function you will closely work together with our headquarter organization in Germany, as well as with our technical specialists in Belgium.
- You report on your activities to the Financial Business Unit Manager.
Who are you?
- You have a financial degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar function is a plus.
- You preferably have some knowledge of SAP and MS Office
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities combined with a critical mindset.
- You demonstrate solid accounting skills, and you love to work with numbers and data.
- You know how to manage several projects and tasks at the same time and can establish your priorities.
- You know how to work independently in collaboration with your colleagues.
- Proficient level of Dutch, French and English is mandatory.
What will Siemens offer you?
At Siemens Smart Infrastructure, you will create environments that care. You get the opportunity to develop yourself in an international environment. We offer varied work in a wide range of positions and intensive internal training to further develop your career. Permanent coaching and guidance by a mentor are also part of the process.
Furthermore, we offer:
- A competitive base pay, in line with the general Belgian labour market.
- At least 31 days of annual leave.
- Flexible working conditions: 2 to 3 days a week working from home.
- Benefits@work: online store with additional benefits for Siemens employees.
- Training program customized to your personal career needs.
- A financial care program including a pension plan, death & invalids’ coverage, and an extended medical insurance: hospitalisation, ambulant costs (dental & optical cost), …
- An employee assistance program, focused on mental and physical well-being.
- And so much more!
Do you feel like taking on this adventure? Apply now!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A./N.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time