Position Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Southaven, MS
How can you help us make a difference as a Project Coordinator?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow! By joining our manufacturing and distribution team you will assist the Engineering Department in planning and implementing facility related improvements and up-grades as well as introduce new systems and technologies to ensure DC equipment and infrastructure operate at sustained, optimal, efficiency!
What are your responsibilities?
- Implement DC-based improvement projects that result in a safer, more efficient work environment.
- Follow, monitor, and ensure compliance with all safety and environmental regulations and policies.
- Develop fundamental understanding of DC operations, LEAN principles, problem solving techniques.
- Work closely with upper Management, Supervisors, External Suppliers, Contractors, and Equipment Manufacturers.
- Contribute to completing projects on time and within or below budget.
- Assist in the coordination of requirements for new designs, product lines, surveys, and maintenance schedules for warehouse equipment and automation.
- Competent in reports in all MS office applications including Access and advanced Excel skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned (write standard work, train standard work, assist Supervisors, develop Continuous Improvement program, support new start-up initiatives, support and perform data extractions / reports / analysis).
- Travel to other Siemens facilities to assist with implementation new processes.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Minimum of BS degree.
- Must possess a positive attitude, work well with others inside and outside the department and have good oral and written communication skills.
Must be self-motivated, independent worker who can take limited direction while making good decisions in the workplace.
- Evidence of creative problem solver/implementer with cost sensitivities.
- Computer skills required, to include warehouse management systems experience.
- 6 months + experience working in a high-volume distribution center or large retail operation.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and paid time off.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events, and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.