Position Title: Director of Field Service
Location: Hingham, MA
Russelectric is looking for a Director of Field Service.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- Lead Russelectric, A Siemens Business’s field service organization with overall North American coverage responsibility. Direct reports include the Area Service Managers that are responsible for the regions.
- Drive increased utilization, revenue per head, margin and training from an overall organizational point of view.
- Ensure this strategy is closely aligned with US & global business unit strategies. Work closely with the Head of Strategy from Siemens Electrical Products North America to collaborate on shared goals.
- Create and launch product-specific service strategies that allow for sales growth both domestically and internationally (North America) by partnering internally with groups such as Operations, Product Management, Sales and R&D.
- Define the key future capabilities that are needed across the organization to sustain the strategy and deliver sales rep and customer satisfaction. This includes both safety and skillset training.
- Partner with Product Management team to support the team’s annual innovation review
- Work with broader strategy group to support the annual market intelligence process. Lead local efforts and incorporate input from Product Management, Sales, Operations and R&D.
- Work in close coordination with marketing & communications to define the required media that will best help facilitate product & service sales and training.
- Collaborate with the Head of the Business and Head of Finance to develop the ABP (Annual Business Plan) and subsequent updated forecasts throughout the year, focusing on revenue per Field Service Engineer, utilization, margin and skillsets needed in the organization focused on the backlog to be executed in the future.
- Align, partner, and help implement business culture strategies between Russelectric, A Siemens Business and EP North America. Work closely with partners in the P&O (People & Organization) Organization.
- Explore opportunities to participate in and influence external codes and standards groups like NFPA, IEEE and IAEI.
- 15+ years of commercial operations / product management and or equivalent general business administration experience.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions based on data trending, business experience and intuition.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills within in a highly matrixed organization.
- Experience working in a highly engineered product line in the overall electrical distribution market (preferred Automatic Transfer Switched and Paralleling Switchgear).
- Able to interpret industry standards, technical drawings, and specifications.
- Must have strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and be at the expert level in Excel or similar software. This includes Teams, SharePoint and SAP.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in data entry, work packages and schedule management
- A leader with strong conflict resolution skills, resiliency, and executive presence
- Good organizational & project management skills, able to establish priorities & complete a high volume of work to specific deadlines
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. Years of experience in a related field will be considered instead of the formal education / degree.
- LEAN, Six Sigma, PMP are all desired trainings.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
We offer flexible vacation time, a hybrid work environment, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing via employee stock purchase program, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.