- Meet with cross-functional partners and participate in project/sales meetings to provide procurement market information, optimizing supplier selection.
- Establish material budgets and monitor costs through the project execution phase.
- Analyze customer inquiries during bid preparation/opportunity management phases and understands the customer's functional needs to include (supplier) innovations.
- Clearly define the supply chain. Create and maintain project procurement plans, ensure superior supply chain execution, and document and communicate the supply chain strategy to multi-functional project teams.
- Perform risk analysis, prepare for negotiations with suppliers, and monitor the supply chain during project execution to avoid potential issues/risks.
- Coordinate with commodity managers for supplier negotiations to ensure optimization of project spending. Clarify internal indicators for project controlling and compile all relevant information to submit qualified reports.
- Analyze project scope of supply, contractual obligations, and customer's functional needs. Identify risks, opportunities, potential changes, claims, and market forces with Commodity Management to avoid possible damage and exploit potential savings.
- Ensure that mitigation of procurement risks, changes to the original scope, and potential claims are covered in contracts with suppliers.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Economics, Supply Chain Management or other relevant subject areas
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with both internal and external partners
- Microsoft Suite and SAP skills preferred.
- Experience in project scheduling
- Proven solid communication skills
- Good command of English
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time