Working in partnership with the NSW Government, the Parklife Metro consortium is working on an exciting new metro rail infrastructure project in Greater Western Sydney.
Comprising, Plenary, RATP Dev, Siemens and Webuild, the private sector partners are looking to build their metro rail expertise to deliver this city-shaping project, which will be delivered under a Public Private Partnership model and will provide a major economic stimulus for Western Sydney.Siemens as a D&C Contractor member will be responsible for the successful delivery of the design and construction elements of the project, and we are currently looking to hire System Interface Manager to work within Siemens Mobility team, based in our Sydney office.
This is your role. What part will you play?
Reporting into the Engineering Manager, the System Interface Manager responsible for the preparation, coordination and clarification of interfaces between rail subsystems and to 3rd parties of the project according to relevant rules and guidelines as applied within the project organization. The responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Development and implementation of project specific interface management plans in accordance with the tender requirements
- Evaluation of interfaces by interface management, change management and documentation management
- Coordination of interface identification and clarification within turnkey projects with regards to interfaces between all participants and subsystems
- Prepares interface requirements and interface plans
- Ensures interface resolution within agreed timeline
- Gathering of information for interface and change management
- Report of interface status to project and line management
- Coordination of rail subsystems in relation to interface management
- Supervision of compliance with interface management processes
- Creation of reports for the project manager on the compliance status
- Management of assigned interface team
What you need to make real what matters
- Extensive professional experience in railway transportation systems, ideally in the rail systems business, with the focus on interface management.
- Strong technical knowledge on all major subsystems of a railway turnkey project, e.g. Signalling, Railway Communication, Electrification, Power Supply, Rolling Stock, SCADA, Track Work etc.
- Degree in electrical engineering or systems engineering preferably with railway specific specialization
- Work experience as team member in international projects / experience in large Railway project executions
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Mobility
We live and foster an ownership culture in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our Company's success. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of development opportunities. Below some of the other benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working arrangements
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated leasing available
- Employee discount program
- Siemens Share Options
We have got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens prides itself on its diverse workforce.
Siemens has been recognised as ahead of its time for many reasons, and our progressive policies is one of them. We encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work, and we actively promote this through the recruitment of those who identify as Indigenous or Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer, where we continue to push for a work environment of diversity and inclusion, we also believe that differences in personalities, thoughts and ideas are important, and that is why we know diversity and inclusion is very important in helping realise the potential of our people. As part of our Ownership culture, Siemens supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. #LI-SI #SMWSA
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time