Together we are driving Austria forward We electrify, automate and digitalize:
Our employees make real what matters.
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. Further information is available at: www.siemens.com/mobility
Siemens Mobility GmbH Rolling Stock (SMO RS) is seeking a Regional Hub Coordinator for Supplier Quality (SQ) for the region North-East Europe (NEE), located in Vienna/Austria. You will be responsible for the preventive supplier quality and delivery performance improvement activities in the region and will be part of the Strategic Supplier Quality team.
You will work closely together with the functional SQ groups at SQ Headquarters as well as the strategic procurement category managers to contribute to the global sourcing strategy from a quality perspective. In this role, you will also be responsible for resolving critical quality issues of the respective regional suppliers and leading the critical parts/materials approval process standardization for the region.
Your disciplinary reporting line will be to the Head of Procurement Austria and your functional reporting line will be to the Global Head of Supplier Quality (Headquarters).
- You develop and expand the regional hub Supplier Quality NEE (North and Eastern Europe) and act as functional supervisor of the local Supplier Quality Engineers (SQE)s in the different countries assigned to the hub SQ NEE.
- You disciplinarily lead the team of SQEs located in Vienna and act as their in-country manager, profiting from your distinct people skills.
- Furthermore, you take on the role of the SQ site coordinator at the Vienna plant location, serving as the interface between the plant and SQ Headquarters and maintaining the constructive relationship with the Vienna plant in a challenging environment.
- You are actively involved in the strategic alignment of the SQ department and work in close cooperation with the other SQ colleagues from headquarters, particularly with your group leader peers.
- Through supplier pre-assessments and qualification audits, you and your team support the risk-based set-up and expansion of a global portfolio of suitable suppliers.
- You follow-up on the non-conformity resolution process with the suppliers as a high-level escalation instance for severe product quality issues and ensure the effective root-cause analysis and the countermeasure implementation at the suppliers.
- You apply your very good methodological and practical experience to initiate the necessary supplier performance improvement activities (following DMAIC and/or 8D methodology) and you are actively driving change management to help prepare the SQ department for the future.
- You live the Siemens Mobility core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Master’s degree in the field of electrical engineering/mechanical engineering or a comparable subject or an alternative qualification with relevant professional experience.
- Profound experience in a technical discipline, e.g. rail vehicle construction and/or in special processes such as NDT (non-destructive testing), welding, or bonding.
- Experience working with quality and continuous improvement methods (e.g. Kaizen, DMAIC, APQP, 8D, 5Why Analysis, etc.) and statistical process control in manufacturing industries.
- Very good knowledge in quality management, preferably supplier quality management, as well as experience with relevant standards like ISO 9001, ISO TS 22163 (IRIS), or VDA 6.3.
- Several years of professional experience in which you have gained both professional and disciplinary management experience.
- Responsible team player with structured, proactive, self-driven, results-oriented work approach and strong intercultural and problem-solving skills.
- Digitization affinity and very good user knowledge of ERP systems (SAP, etc.).
- Strong communication and personal skills at all hierarchical levels, fluent in German and English (additional languages are an advantage), and a willingness to travel worldwide (approx. 30% of your working time).
What else should I know?
The gross annual payment for this job vacancy is at least EUR 67.200,00 (full-time). Siemens as an international company offers additional social benefits.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this position, we are looking forward to receiving your representative online application!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Austria GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time