Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Hingham, MA
As a Manufacturing Engineer with one of the world’s most respected manufacturers of automatic transfer switches and power control systems, you will support Russelectric’s growth playbook for operations by implementing Standard Work and Process improvement. This includes documentation and performance measurement of manufacturing processes, new product introduction, improvements to production lines, capital expenditures, cost-savings measures, and fixture design. Projects owned by this position will be key components in the Lean Transformation of our manufacturing operations in Automatic Transfer Switch build.
- Analyzes product specifications and clarifies product requirements and manufacturing aspects with accountable R&D, Engineering and/or Product Management.
- Develops and calculates product modifications needed to increase efficiency of production and contributes to re-engineering.
- Provides detailed information on product specifications and on pieces and parts needed for product completion.
- Plans equipment layout, tools and IT programs needed, and designs or contributes to design the manufacturing workflow. Cooperates in these aspects with other respective Engineers.
- Analyzes manufacturing sequences during pilot series and test and analyzes manufacturability of pre-series samples. May recommend product changes and implements production amendments.
- Conducts improvements projects on site or unit level, and liaises with other engineering functions, external vendors, or service providers.
- Ensures appropriate process and product documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering required
- Minimum 2 years of Manufacturing / Process Engineering experience with-in an Assembly and fabrication environment
- Experience in successful completion of relevant projects to improve safety, quality, delivery reliability, and cost in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to measure, design/specify, and install production fixtures and equipment required
- Experience with lean manufacturing techniques preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD or SolidWorks required
- Experience with SAP or similar MRP system required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Ability to travel 5%
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.