Working in partnership with the NSW Government, the Parklife Metro consortium is working on an exciting new metro rail infrastructure project in Greater Western Sydney.
Comprising, Plenary, RATP Dev, Siemens and Webuild, the private sector partners are looking to build their metro rail expertise to deliver this city-shaping project, which will be delivered under a Public Private Partnership model and will provide a major economic stimulus for Western Sydney.
Siemens as a D&C Contractor member will be responsible for the successful delivery of the design and construction elements of the project, and we are currently looking to hire System Design Manager to work within Siemens Mobility team, based in our Sydney office.
Create a better tomorrow with us
As a System Design Manager, you will be responsible for defining and ensuring the implementation of the overall system requirements of the entire turnkey system.
The responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Leads the Interdisciplinary Design Review process to ensure the overall integration and compliance to the contract of all design packages.
- Directs and supervises the Interdisciplinary Design Review Process.
- Defines Overall system requirements to address operational and emergency scenarios.
- Manages interfaces between customers, partners and sub suppliers or subsystems and guides members of all involved engineering teams and acts as single point of entry for all technical questions external and internal
- Evaluation of subsystem technologies and contractual compliances of technical requirements
- Reviews engineering designs and coordinates lines of action
- Interprets requirements from, cooperates with and reports to clients and stakeholders
- Assumes leading role in technical liaison meetings with customers, suppliers, and Siemens internal groups
- Technical support of the manufacturing and commissioning engineers regarding analysis of technical solutions and answering of technical inquiries
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- Profound experience in technical engineering and interface management as well as professional experience in requirements management including verification and validation, RAM, Safety, operational aspects (specifically UTO/GOA4) EMC, earthing and bonding, test, and commissioning etc.
- Prior experience as System Design Manager on large rail systems project.
- Strong technical knowledge on all major subsystems of a railway turnkey project, e.g. Signalling, Railway Communication, Electrification, Power Supply, Rolling Stock, SCADA, Track Work etc.
- Degree in electrical engineering or systems engineering preferably with railway specific specialization
- Work experience as team member in international projects / experience in large Railway project executions
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Mobility
We live and foster an ownership culture in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our Company's success. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of development opportunities. Below some of the other benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working arrangements
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated leasing available
- Employee discount program
- Siemens Share Options
If you want to learn, grow, and succeed in your career, we’d like to meet you!
Siemens prides itself on its diverse workforce.
Siemens has been recognised as ahead of its time for many reasons, and our progressive policies is one of them. We encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work, and we actively promote this through the recruitment of those who identify as Indigenous or Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer, where we continue to push for a work environment of diversity and inclusion, we also believe that differences in personalities, thoughts and ideas are important, and that is why we know diversity and inclusion is very important in helping realise the potential of our people. As part of our Ownership culture, Siemens supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. #LI-SI #SMWSA
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time