In this position, you will contribute as part of the Operations and Project Management teams responsible for managing complex Plant-wide Manufacturing schedules (with Engineering and Procurement elements) for advanced Rail Vehicle Projects. You will be responsible for driving the specific manufacturing departments and/or projects to meet the Master Schedule by developing, tracking, and maintaining complex master schedules for projects multiple projects. You would also be involved in many planning aspects related to, capacity planning, process improvements, lean manufacturing, engineering, and supply chain management. You will be involved in high level strategic planning, forecasting and bid preparation. You will work with Management at various levels and prepare and present schedule and workload data on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to shop floor management to executive management.
· Manage development, tracking, and reporting of complex plant schedules using Primavera P6, based on inputs from functional department managers.
· Be able to have micro and macro level understanding of issues related to plant performance, forecasts, bottlenecks, issues and trends.
· Be involved in the development of plant wide master schedules (key team member).
· Be able to simplify problems to determine impacts with impact analysis.
· Pro-actively drive operations managers and the broader team for mitigations and recoveries.
· Monitor workload capacity and backlog. Identify optimized resources allocation opportunities to ensure that customer expectations, deadlines and internal financial goals are met.
· Development of reports for cross-functional departments to monitor schedule performance at various levels with respect to baselines and factory manpower loading.
· Coordinate and regulate various meetings such as project progress reviews with various levels of management.
· Become a subject matter expert by driving the team to overcome roadblocks or delays through using various methods such as industry related knowledge, innovating short cuts or alternative ways, improvising plans to meet targets and the like.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Required education: Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field.
- Required experience: 2+ years of experience in Project Planning/Controls, Scheduling, Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Industrial, Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Demonstrate strong excel and computer skills required.
- Demonstrate strong collaboration skills
- A strategic and analytical mindset
- Required travel: 5% or less.
- Remote and In-office mix flexibility
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred education: Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar) with an interest in Project Management/Project Controls.
- Experience with scheduling software such as Primavera/MS Project in a manufacturing or construction environment preferred but not required.
- Understanding of manufacturing/operations processes.
- Knowledge/Understanding of ERP/MRP (SAP)
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement tools and methodologies
- Understanding of the Rail / Rolling Stock Industry is a plus.
- Experience in fostering strong partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Experience with Tableau software
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.