With over 2,400 research operatives worldwide, the Technology department occupies a special position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Europe, Asia and the USA, Corporate Technology helps secure the company's technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
We are looking for a Leading R&D Engineer who will contribute to the development of numerical models of various heat exchange equipment. Having out-of-the-box thinking on this position you will be able to fulfill your interest in applied research and will have a chance to implement your ideas into business of Siemens.
What are my responsibilities?
- Development of CFD models (Aerodynamic, Thermal, Multiphase flow etc.) of various equipment and industrial processes
- Analysis of simulation results and their presentation to international partners
- Development of own innovative ideas for growth of the R&D portfolio of the team
- Interaction with international partners/colleagues
- Coordination of research projects with universities and partners
What do I need to qualify for this job
- MSc in physics of heat transfer/gas dynamics or similar. PhD is preferable.
- Strong knowledge and experience with STAR-CCM+, CFX/FLUENT and other commercial CFD codes
- Strong knowledge and experience with CFD modeling heat exchange equipment (i.e. blades/vanes of rotating equipment) and knowledge of corresponding approaches/practices
- Excellent written and verbal English to interact with global partners is an absolute must
- Creativity, responsibility and self-learning abilities
- Good communication skills, team player
Company: Siemens TOO
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time