Working in partnership with the NSW Government, the Parklife Metro consortium is working on an exciting new metro rail infrastructure project in Greater Western Sydney.
Comprising, Plenary, RATP Dev, Siemens and Webuild, the private sector partners are looking to build their metro rail expertise to deliver this city-shaping project, which will be delivered under a Public Private Partnership model and will provide a major economic stimulus for Western Sydney.
Siemens as a D&C Contractor member will be responsible for the successful delivery of the design and construction elements of the project, and we are currently looking to hire Project Procurement Manager to work within Siemens Mobility team, based in our Sydney office.
This is your role. What part will you play?
In this role, you will be responsible for integrating Procurement in the project management process and project teams at an early involvement during the post-tender and project execution phase. You will also be responsible for handling, controlling and monitoring all Procurement and Purchasing activities in assigned project.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Designing, and aligning with cross-functional colleagues to successfully implement category and sourcing strategies for assigned packages to ensure that procurement KPI’s are achieved, and project schedule is achieved.
- Engaging the cross-functional colleagues in a positive manner to lead and coordinate the Weekly Procurement Workshop with technical, commercial, and engineering colleagues for the relevant project
- Analyze scope of supply, contractual obligations and exactly understand customer’s needs and Siemens’ required position with downstream supply base.
- Identify particular Procurement risks, opportunities, potential changes, claims and market forces during the entire project, together with Commodity Management, to avoid potential damage / exploit potential.
- Establish proper sourcing processes, control all Procurement resources & activities in the project or area of responsibility and inform all involved within Procurement to deliver optimum impact for the business
- Clarify internal indicators for project controlling and compile all relevant information to submit qualified reports (e.g. for the project team, Procurement management).
Use your skills to move the world forward
- Proven track record in managing large projects procurement, preferably in rail or other infrastructure projects.
- BA Engineering or equivalent academic study from reputable University or college
- Proven facilitation and presentation skills at highest standards
- Understand reporting and controlling structure in Supply Chain Management
- Siemens experience is an advantage however not a must requirement
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Mobility
We live and foster an ownership culture in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our Company's success. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of development opportunities. Below some of the other benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working arrangements
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated leasing available
- Employee discount program
- Siemens Share Options
We have got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens prides itself on its diverse workforce.
Siemens has been recognised as ahead of its time for many reasons, and our progressive policies is one of them. We encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work, and we actively promote this through the recruitment of those who identify as Indigenous or Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer, where we continue to push for a work environment of diversity and inclusion, we also believe that differences in personalities, thoughts and ideas are important, and that is why we know diversity and inclusion is very important in helping realise the potential of our people. As part of our Ownership culture, Siemens supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. #LI-SI #SMWSA
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time