Business unit: Rail Infrastructure
Department: Electrification Engineering (SMO RI LCE EC TH-EL NC)
Functional Area: SCADA Engineering in Electrification
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Methodic engineering of SCADA work package execution with Sitras RSC and Details design submission of AC, DC Traction Power Supply (TPS) substations for rail electrification systems by considering both, the customer specifications and the Siemens’ regulations and standards.
- Interface clarification and technical integration of all electrical systems within the Bulk substation, Traction substation and Service substation.
- Option: Methodic engineering of SCADA work package execution with Sitras RSC, Details design submission, Interface clarification and technical integration to Facility systems in Railway stations and wayside facilities e.g. HVAC, Tunnel ventilation, Low voltage Power supply in stations, Fire alarm, Fire suppressions, Water Drainage, Fresh water systems, Emergency lighting, etc.
- Option: Methodic engineering of SCADA work package execution with Sitras RSC, Details design submission, Interface clarification and technical integration to Train Operation systems e.g. Signaling, Platform Screen Doors (PSD), Communication, Automatic Fare Collections, etc.
- Design preparation and reviewing of electrical wiring diagrams, control concept relevant for SCADA server cabinets and SCADA workstations.
- Elaboration of conceptional solutions and finding answers to ambitious SCADA requirements
- Technical support, analysis of technical problems and answering of technical inquiries in collaboration with the manufacturing, the project engineering team and the project management
- Planning and controlling of one’s own engineering work packages in view of date, cost and quality aspects
- Awarding of work packages to external engineering service providers and controlling of the work results
- Product support in view of standardization and documentation
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Electrical Engineering, in the field of Control & Instrument, Automation, or Electrical Power system.
- Good knowledge of SCADA system and Power Automation system with good understanding for system
- configuration, manufacturing, and installation matters.
- Basic knowledge of Rail Electrification (preferred), High-Medium voltage technology with good understanding of overview system configuration.
- Good knowledge of Network control, communication and security (option) with switching and routing components (Siemens equipment based e.g. Simatic S7, SCALANCE are preferred).
- Basic knowledge of Digital protection relays
- Knowledge of measuring, control and supervisory systems.
- Knowledge of relevant European and International Standards.
- Knowledge of Engineering processes.
- SCADA engineering with software tools e.g. Sitras RSC (preferred), DSPM (Digital Station Power management), WinCC OA, etc.
- Experience in project realization, preferably in an international project environment.
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Experience in the railway sector, especially in the field of SCADA rail electrification systems.
- Experience in design and planning of electrical substations.
- Experience in PLC/HMI Programming.
- Intercultural experience.
- Planning and organizing
- Result and quality orientation
- Teamwork skills
- Customer focus
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time