We are currently recruiting for a Senior systems engineer within Siemens Mobility’s Rail Infrastructure. The role will be located in our Chippenham site.
Senior systems engineer will be capable of technically leading and assisting the system engineering tasks on the various project delivery system engineering (PDSE) projects. The Senior system engineer will play a lead role in one or more of customer requirements Management, the definition of the system and sub-system design, and subsequent production of detailed product requirements for development teams to implement.
A key aspect is being capable of building and maintain strong communication links with Global R&D, the delivery teams and the client (where necessary), and will be capable of interpreting and influencing their delivery strategy based on the needs of these stakeholders.
This role will help play a major part in delivering the signaling and control systems necessary as the business demands. The role will focus on the front or early part of the lifecycle activities of the System Engineering process for most projects.
Senior systems engineers will be expected to provide technical leadership for their allocated tasks, particularly in the earlier lifecycle activities of the allocated project. The role includes responsibilities for the following system engineering activities as assigned by the Systems Engineering Team Lead:
- Customer Requirements Elicitation, Capture and Analysis;
- System Requirements Elicitation and Specification;
- System Design Analysis and Specification;
- Product Requirements Specification;
- Interface Definition and Control;
- Product Design Analysis and Specification.
- Integration of component subsystems into a single system
- Configuration and continuous improvement of test rigs in support of system integration.
- Authoring and execution of system integration & validation test specifications and test scripts
The job will involve contributing to some of the following tasks:
- Analyzing and advising on competing technical solutions.
- Working within a configuration control system (including raising and applying Change Requests etc.).
- Providing estimations for system engineering activities.
- Progress reporting.
The candidate will also be expected to maintain an appreciation of new technologies and their application to support ongoing deliveries.
- Experience in providing technical leadership in demanding safety critical environments.
- Knowledge of the systems engineering life-cycle, cost awareness and awareness of processes involved in other engineering disciplines.
- Able to contribute to continuous process improvement.
- Experience of working to industry quality and safety standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated, dependable and self-reliant.
- A demonstrable broad experience of railway technologies and their application.
- Experience in mentoring engineers working in a safety critical development environment’.
- Understanding and practical experience of applying CENELEC standards.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering, scientific or numerate discipline.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time