Legal Counsel – Siemens Legal Hub Malaysia
At Siemens, we are on a constant search for bright and innovative minds to join our team. If you are a fast learner, creative, able to work with multi-cultural and multi-discipline teams and have a strong desire to be a winner, we dare you to test your limits with Siemens. We are currently looking for a Legal Counsel for the Siemens Legal Hub in the Malaysia with Chinese (Mandarin) language skills:
- Be innovative and become a team member of our Legal Hub in Malaysia for the Legal advice of other jurisdictions in Asia-Pacific, particularly China;
- Provide business-oriented solutions and legal advice to the business units and corporate departments in Siemens entities located in Asia-Pacific, particularly China, to facilitate the business goals and objectives;
- Advise the software business of Siemens and other business units and corporate departments in close collaboration with the responsible legal counsel on contractual questions and claim issues, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating all contracts and legal documents and transactional support on key deals and projects, in order to mitigate risk exposures;
- Enforce IP and copyright claims in Asia-Pacific, particularly China;
- Assist the Legal, Commercial and/or Sales teams in the preparation of commercial bids from a legal perspective;
- Manage litigations, disputes and claim management process;
- Manage corporate and corporate secretarial work;
- Participate actively in the development of cross border collaboration of the Siemens Legal team in ASEAN;
- Actively participate in the development of processes and policies relating to the Legal Hub;
- Undertake such duties as and when assigned by the General Counsel of Siemens Malaysia and/or the Legal Hub.
- Report to the General Counsel of Siemens Malaysia on all major legal issues;
- Possess a Degree in Law with at least 5 years post-qualification experience (PQE) from a leading law firm and/or international company;
- With Chinese (Mandarin) language skills (read, write & speak);
- Legally qualified in China would be ideal, but not mandatory;
- IP and copyright enforcement experience would be a plus;
- Experience in IT/digital and software law would be an advantage;
- Strong affinity to legal tech applications and readiness to implement, apply and improve such applications;
- Open to “future of work” models;
- Good analytical and drafting skills, organized and committed to deadlines;
- Robust personality with high levels of energy and drive;
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work under pressure and to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic corporate environment;
- Adaptable and commercially minded team player with a collegial personality;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with high level of proficiency in verbal and written English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time