Get ready to change the future with us
Increasing digitalization and flexibility of production processes presents outstanding potential. In Digital Industries, we enable our customers to unlock their full potential and drive digital transformation with a unique automation and digitalization technologies portfolio. From hardware to software to services, we’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Become part of our global digital business team.
Today, our team is looking to hire a subject matter expert who can join our team as a Technical Product Owner (f/m/d) to lead operating systems for Industrial Switch and routers. This is an exciting opportunity to work with truly international, diverse, teams across various Siemens locations worldwide.
Your new area of responsibility – challenging and future-oriented:
- You will have the technical leadership and functional ownership for Lead Operating system in our future Industrial communication products.
- In your role, you will be in continuous interaction with our internal customer to support agile development process.
- In addition, you will work out detail specification with internal customers and other key stakeholders.
- To define the technical flow of an industrial Switch development together with the team that includes user story, early feedback and review the delivery.
- Here you will take the Lead for driving the complete end to end development. Including technical lead and communication to Global Siemens internal development team.
- As technical PO, you will also lead Clarification requirement and delivery dependencies with portfolio and R&D teams.
- Lead documentation alignment with the key stakeholders.
- Monitor Firmware quality processes, reviews and testing activities together with the test managers.
- Also, you will monitor Firmware delivery processes and test results with acceptance criteria.
- Define and agree the security standards that would be maintained inside the firmware together with the security and development team.
- Actively foster the agile transformation by living core principles of DI PA DCP
- We promote trustful cooperation with customers and stakeholders instead of internal negotiations
- We count more on personal responsibility and self-organization than on rigid processes
Your profile for "Making the future possible"
- In your role you lead by example, empower the team to pave the way for a constant improvement with passion and curiosity to learn.
- You are a true believer of open communications, feedback and learning culture and drive topics proactively to success.
- You have leadership experience and come with an agile mindset, agile leadership practices and roles that we need for team build-up and for leading a high-performance Teams.
- You hold an academic degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or equivalent qualification from reputable university or college.
- You come with longstanding professional experience, preferably in the areas of software development with focus on Ethernet based communication stacks.
- You have solid knowledge in the field of requirement engineering processes and project management. And you will bring with a real professional experience of software development embedded environment.
- You impress us with your experience in dealing with various customers as well as in your training and communication capabilities in cross-functional teams.
- On technical side, a first experience with CISCO/Siemens/Hirschman Network devices is highly appreciated.
- Your excellent communication skills will help you to communicate with stakeholders, motivate team members, and occasionally to mediate between different parties.
- You are business proficient in business English whereby any additional language skills are an additional asset.
What else do you need to know?
We care about finding the best talent. Our main location for this Position would be Karlsruhe or Nurnberg (Germany) or alternatively in Toronto area (Canada) however, we are open to consider candidates in any major DI locations comfortable working with EU time zones.
We are establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, promoting self-directed and flexible work. We promote equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Siemens offers a diverse and inclusive work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities, professional training and competitive market base compensation.
Wanted: designers of the future.
https://new.siemens.com/ - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
http://www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds - if you would like to find out more about Digital Minds at Siemens.
FAQ - if you need further information on the application process.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Either