- Prepare, prime, and topcoat light rail vehicles.
- Hand, block and mechanical sand the car shell for primer and paint.
- Masks and cleans surface for proper adhesion.
- Primes and undercoats the vehicle. Assists other painters as needed.
- Sanding with orbital sander the car shell and body work as needed. Basic assembly work.
- Mask and clean surfaces for proper adhesion. General maintenance of equipment.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos and technical documentation in English.
- Must have basic English skills with ability to effectively communicate to other workers and supervisors within the company.
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations.
- Basic mathematics such as ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Mix paint as required.
- Apply various coatings such as Tectyl and Convoy.
- May train lower level employees.
Must be able to read and understand MSDS, TDS (Technical Data Sheets). Works with little supervision. Some ability to make decisions regarding rework. Solid and thorough understanding of the area to solve day-to-day problems and address normal business issues. Receives general instructions for routine work and detailed instructions for new tasks with frequent supervision.
A spirometry and respiratory test may be required as this position will require use of respirators and paint suits to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high precarious places, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. In this position the employee regularly necessitates the use of motor coordination with finger dexterity while performing the duties of the job. The employee must frequently use safety devices such as ear plugs, hard hats, respirators, gloves, safety goggles, coveralls, safety harness, steel toe shoes etc.
Safety/steel toed shoes are required. Safety glasses, masks, Tyvek safety suits will be provide.
High School Diploma or GED
2-5 Years of Painting experience in a related field
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.