Senior Financial Analyst, Operations for Smart Infrastructure Building Products (SI BP)
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Building Products:
As a Senior Financial Analyst - Operations you will be in charge of the processes that support operational transparency, accurate financial statements, business planning and performance management. This role will focus on ensuring the quality of BP’s financial operations and meeting internal customer’s expectations, while applying digital skills and process improvement techniques to automate and streamline tasks. The role will report into the BP Finance Manager for Planning and Reporting with key integration points across the BP organization.
What We Ask of You:
- Prepare SI BP cost center reporting, providing the organization with transparency of actual costs compared to forecast/ budget.
- Cost center controlling.
- Responsible for sales commission process, including payout calculations, obtaining required approvals, accrual estimations, and bookings of required journal entries.
- Owner of RSS discount process.
- Tech Support Financial counterpart, ensuring accurate and timely charge outs for services rendered.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting the required monthly manual journal entries and charge outs to other Siemens entities (ICC Billings), including royalty calculations and billings.
- Perform month-end closing tasks
- Identify issues and propose solutions to problems encountered and understand financial impacts of proposed solutions by applying problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create sophisticated presentations and reporting through data mining and present them to higher levels.
- Lead operational improvement opportunities and implement recommended solutions.
- Demonstrate capabilities to potentially influence and to work successfully with multiple and diverse organizations, including global colleagues
- Partner with a cross functional team (Sales, Product Managers, Pricing, etc.) to provide financial transparency, drive business improvements, and ultimate customer satisfaction
- Evaluate current controlling and reporting mechanisms to standardize, automate, and build digital enhancements.
- Take ownership of assigned work through to completion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Data Analytics, IT or another related field.
- Four or more years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Applications, SAP, Hyperion.
- Advanced analytic skills and strong orientation to detail, with knowledge and experience with large data processing and visualization tools (e.g. Qlik Sense, Tableau, Alteryx, SQL, etc.).
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Team oriented; gets along well with others; strong sense of emotional awareness; builds constructive and effective relationships.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Flex Vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.