For 175 years Siemens has been providing solutions to help shape the world. In the region, Siemens Mobility is at an exciting phase of growth with various markets recognising the critical role transport technology plays in building sustainable communities that thrive on a global scale.
We have an opportunity for a Legal Counsel to join our Mobility team. As the role will provide support on legal topics and projects across Australia.
We are flexible on location and are happy to consider candidates being based in our offices in Docklands in Victoria, North Ryde in Sydney, Bowen Hills in Brisbane or Belmont in Perth. This role will report to the General Counsel based in our Brisbane office.
We are looking for a lawyer with strong front end construction law experience and your background will ideally include a mix of law firm experience together with either secondments or in-house experience. You will be responsible for the timely provision of legal advice across the Mobility business including reviewing and negotiating design & construct, goods supply, supply and install and software agreements (amongst others) directly with end customers and their legal representatives.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Working with and providing advice to internal business partners as a trusted advisor on all legal and commercial matters.
- Managing the legal aspects of tenders from RFT through the negotiation and final execution phase.
- Identifying and analyzing legal risks and opportunities and driving solutions.
- Managing legal proceedings and claims including engaging and managing external counsel as required.
- Reporting on material legal risks and proceedings to meet relevant internal and external processes, regulations, and requirements.
- Ensuring adherence to Siemens’ policies and processes and corporate governance/compliance requirements.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- At least 3 years PQE predominantly in front end construction law (candidates with a higher level of experience up to Senior Associate level will also be considered)
- Experience working in a rail, resources, construction or energy environment would be beneficial.
- In-house experience or secondment experience would be beneficial.
- Must be able to work autonomously and to make decisions independently based on an assessment of risk.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Mobility
We live and foster an ownership culture in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our Company's success. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of development opportunities. Below some of the other benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working arrangements
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated leasing available
- Employee discount program
- Siemens Share Options
Make your mark on the future at Siemens!
Siemens prides itself on its diverse workforce.
Siemens has been recognised as ahead of its time for many reasons, and our progressive policies is one of them. We encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work, and we actively promote this through the recruitment of those who identify as Indigenous or Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer, where we continue to push for a work environment of diversity and inclusion, we also believe that differences in personalities, thoughts and ideas are important, and that is why we know diversity and inclusion is very important in helping realise the potential of our people. As part of our Ownership culture, Siemens supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time