- Fortune: One of the World’s Most Admired Companies
- Forbes: America's Best Large Employers, America's Best Employers for Diversity, and Best Employers for New Graduates
- Fast Company: Most Innovative Companies and World Changing Ideas Awards
- Corporate Equality Index: Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality
- This internship is a 10 week program where you will rotate through various departments at the local branch office, all focusing on smart buildings and sustainable infrastructure.
- 60% of your time will be spent on project management related activities (learning how to manage a construction project, on-the-job training and shadowing, etc.), 20% of your time with be spent with the sales department and learning how we go-to-market and sell our solutions and services, and 20% of your time will be spent in our service department, focusing on the service related tasks needed to deliver world class service to Siemens customers.
- You may get experience rotating through our core business segments, which include HVAC, Fire/Life Safety and Security Systems.
- The goal of this internship program is to develop future talent for the Siemens organization and help you identify where you may be interested in pursuing a career at Siemens post-graduation.
- Review project specifications, drawings and project-specific documents to establish a project delivery plan
- Develop and maintain a project schedule and coordinate needs with the project team. Identify time-sensitive installation needs.
- Manage the procurement of supplies and materials to complete projects
- Review plans and specifications and participate in project cost reviews
- Track labor resources and project progress
- Pursue project-specific change-order opportunities
- Complete project-specific close-out documentation
- Rotate through other departments within the branch office to learn about how our branch organization operates as a whole
- Attend virtual executive discussions and events with other interns to develop a sense of what a career at Siemens is all about
- Construction Management and Engineering students who are interested in Project Management are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to apply
- Education / Majors: Current sophomore or junior undergraduates pursuing a BA/BS from an accredited college or university and majoring in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial/System Engineering, Industrial Distribution, HVAC, Management/Marketing/Sales with strong technical or engineering aptitude (preferred)
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 (preferred)
- Availability: 40 hours per week from May/June to July/August
- Work Authorization: Permanent work authorization in the U.S. without sponsorship is required
- Prior internship or co-op experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Strong analytical, writing, presentation and critical-thinking skills
- Industry knowledge and/or interest
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.