At Siemens Mobility, we are changing the way people travel, from smart road systems to digital railways. But it’s the people that make our company. Not the other way around!
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Commercial Manager to join our Edinburgh Trams team in Rolling Stock and to be based at the Edinburgh Gogar depot with an element of flexible home working.
You will be responsible for the day to day financial and commercial activities of the project along with supporting the senior commercial manager on strategic activities.
Siemens have adopted the “new normal” working hours and as stated working from home is possible on certain days.
These are your responsibilities
- Contract management and analysis; drive fulfilment of requirements whilst ensuring the best operational / commercial outcomes for the Edinburgh Trams project and Siemens; negotiate any arising contract disputes with other suppliers.
- Correspondence management with Customers and Suppliers in accordance with documented contractual processes.
- Assisting the SCM on the implementation of the team’s strategy.
- Being the main interface with our external and internal stakeholders.
- Risk & Opportunity management; drive ownership among the team on mitigation of risks and realisation of opportunities.
- Maintenance of accurate and up-to-date Cost models for the project’s profit centre.
- Oversee finance processes (forecast, budget, month-end closing); ensure Financial Statements comply with Siemens guidelines and local GAAP.
- Provision of accurate and timely management information to thr management team, Finance function and local and divisional HQs.
- Work closely with the department Heads and operational colleagues to support process and productivity improvement initiatives.
- Drive innovation / digitisation initiatives within the project and Commercial functions.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Prior experience in a commercial role.
- Experience working collaboratively in multi-discipline teams.
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Part or Qualified accountant, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent preferable is desired but not essential.
- Technically proficient in contractual terms and conditions.
- Experience of working in SAP (Spiridon or similar).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to travel to different Customer and Siemens sites.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time