Are you brave enough to challenge yourself?
Siemens Digital Industries Software is not a manufacturing company. We are a growing software company - bringing the technologies and innovations of tomorrow to our customers today. With the resources and opportunities of a large corporation, your opportunities are endless. The role you apply for today, is only the first step in your Siemens journey.
Siemens is shaping the future of automotive embedded systems with our vision, and team of innovative, dedicated, smart, hardware and software developers who are passionate about creating outstanding automotive solutions. Our solutions range from small footprint ECU software based on the AUTOSAR standard, up to the most cutting-edge applications in Autonomous Driving, ADAS, Digital Cockpit, driver information and telematics solutions. As our business continues to expand, we are looking for additional top performers.
Join our team as Sales Specialist - Automotive Embedded Systems (m/f/d) and help us digitalize the future.
This role has responsibility for sales of our Automotive Embedded services and solutions into automotive in Germany, where we have a fast-developing customer base. The position requires an understanding of current automotive market trends, with support from a strong local technical team. This person is expected to establish and maintain customer relationships, at a project development level, as well as at management/executive level. The role reports into our Global sales Director for Embedded Automotive Software.
Which role will you play?
- Develop strategies for specific opportunities, develop strategic recommendations, as well as executing these to achieve sales and opportunity growth objectives
- Translate value statements into opportunity specific value propositions, address current emerging customer needs, and demonstrate measurable impact on customers’ business performance.
- Develop and execute a complete sales process including competitive counter tactics to differentiate Siemens products and services and position Siemens as the best solution
- Secure commitment at appropriate levels within customer organization to buy from Siemens
Sales activities will be coordinated with the broader Siemens business organization, product development, marketing and colleagues from around the world.
This individual is expected to be a self-starter, work on their own initiative, and be capable of articulating Siemens automotive value propositions. Additional responsibilities include uncovering new opportunities, working with prospects to refine technical requirements, and to win the trust of stakeholders and champions in your target accounts.
What you need to succeed with us?
- BS/BA Degree, preferably in the electronics, engineering or software arena
- With knowledge and experience of the Automotive electronics industry, which can include Infotainment Systems, Digital Cockpit, Driver Information, Vehicle Network or Autonomous and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- A successful track record in a sales or commercially-focused role within an Automotive Tier1, or solution provider
- Demonstrable track record of meeting or exceeding personal quota. This requires building and managing an opportunity pipeline to successfully achieve sales goals.
- Strong prospecting and business development skills, as well as the ability to build business relationships and achieve “trusted advisor” status.
- Experience of Software Architectures based on Linux (Open Source), and on other Operating Systems such as Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) or AUTOSAR
- Some knowledge of Embedded Systems Development and the ability to abstract technical details to highlight USPs and apply these to a customer’s requirements
- Strong, long standing relationships with key automotive executives within your territory.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- A working knowledge of the Automotive Electronics supply chain in your territory
- Ability to develop individual strategies for your accounts
- Ability and flexibility to travel up to 60%
We offer an international environment with more than 140,000 customers around the world who already rely on our expertise in digitization. In Germany, more than 2,000 colleagues are involved in exciting and varied customer projects in the aerospace, automotive and transportation, consumer products and retail, electronics and semiconductors, energy and utilities, industrial machinery and heavy machinery, maritime, and medical devices and pharmaceuticals industries. With us, you will find a team-oriented work environment, comprehensive training options and attractive benefits. Through individual target agreements and diverse career models with specialization options, we offer you the opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
Are you an innovator? Then become part of our team!
If you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team, please contact us by mail: careers-DACH.email@example.com
Contact person for this job posting is Jaclyn Krieger.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.
At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time