Do you want to work in engineering at Siemens?
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
We are recruiting highly motivated candidates to join our Electrical Engineer and Field Engineer Apprenticeship Schemes who want to make a difference and develop their skills in the world of Engineering.
You will be joining our Grid Software Managed Applications and Services business within Siemens Smart Infrastructure – responsible for delivering high accuracy metering solutions to help our UK customers measure and manage energy use.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 3 year apprenticeship where you will complete the Level 4 Engineering Manufacturing Technician standard.
Here is how the programme works:
- Following your off-site induction week you will immediately begin integrating into the Siemens community and embark on a series of departmental placements within Managed Applications and Services at our Rochester site.
- As part of your programme will complete the HNC in Electrical Engineering qualification.
- You will also undertake your apprenticeship End Point Assessment in your final year.
- For the Field Engineer role - your departmental rotations will include travel to customer sites to gain experience on equipment installation and maintenance. This will involve periods away from home – an intrinsic part of the role for which you will be trained.
Throughout the apprenticeship, depending on the role, you will continue to learn and develop your competences in areas such as:
- Familiarisation with various hardware / software systems supplied to high end energy producers and consumers. Providing technical support to site-based engineers to ensure systems are installed, configured, commissioned, and maintained to provide the required data.
- Analyse engineering problems related to equipment and systems or the causes of component failures and develop solutions.
- Develop product documentation and deliver training to engineers.
- Work closely with the Product Manager on testing and development of new solutions and upgrades to existing systems.
- Lead small to medium size projects that are assigned to you.
- Support and perform Factory / Site Acceptance / Integration Testing procedures coupled with successful completion of customer witness testing requirements.
- Undertake site installation and commissioning works.
- Shadow experienced Field Engineers at offshore windfarm and other complex sites.
- Perform dynamic site risk assessment in line with the safety rules.
- Travel to sites across the country depending on the assigned projects.
- Carry out remote fault rectification to address minor faults.
- Rotate in other parts of the business to learn and support other functions such as Meter Assurance, Product Testing, Project Design and Service Delivery.
- Identification and implementation of business improvements.
Your learning will be supported throughout your programme by Siemens mentors and by one of our training partners who will be the apprenticeship provider.
We are looking for forward-thinking, innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
• You will have achieved at least 5 GCSE's grade 4 or above including Maths and English Language and you will have achieved or be on track to achieve 3 A Levels (or a Level 3 BTEC) at grade B or above, one of which must be a numerate subject.
What else do I need to know?
We offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Siemens. Think this is you? Apply now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time