Who designs your future? You do! Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption.
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe?
Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry. Here at Siemens eMobility® solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility® team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies and applications!
The plant manager is responsible for the direction and coordination of a manufacturing operation in the safe production of standard “Make to Stock” Electric Vehicle Charge Equipment. This position is overall responsible for +30 employees and reports directly to the NAM Head of Supply Chain Management in E-Mobility. The incumbent will develop efficiency strategies to ensure the attainment of business metrics and production goals with attention to budgetary requirements. Promote a culture that focuses on safety, quality, cost and delivery while actively driving continuous improvement across the organization. Develop and manage overall plant budget and load planning initiatives ensuring adequate resource availability including headcount, and capital requirements. Act as liaison for the business, maintaining sound working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Direct and manage all plant operations with overall responsibilities for all disciplines including production, quality, customer service, engineering and procurement.
- Coordinate plant activities through planning with departmental management to ensure achievement of established objectives
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower and other operational costs
- Provide direction, development and leadership to management team
- Participate on the CBA negotiation, monitor the compliance with the agreed contract and maintain a positive relation with the union officials and the employees.
- Collaborate with management and plant personnel to establish shop floor organization and process flow to optimize production capacity (LEAN)
- Establish and drive the attainment of key performance indicators for overall facility success
- Participate in Operations reviews with internal management team and externally manage business relationships with regional management, suppliers and the sales organization.
- Forecast and analyze business trends to ensure operation is strategically aligned.
- Ensure the compliance with all Environmental, Health and Safety regulations.
- Develop and guide the implementation of programs/policies related to the business strategy and monitor overall effectiveness.
- Develop and manage operational budgets and business plans for large business operations.
- Collaborate with business management on a departmental basis to ensure alignment to overall plan
- Collaborate with Sales, Project Management, Global Procurement, Product Management, HR and other technical management functions to coordinate and agree on manufacturing program
- Liaise with local authorities in public matters and represent Siemens in related aspects
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree in related field (engineering, management)
- 10 years of success experience in operations management of made to order production/similar.
- 10 years of active change management and Lean implementation experience
- 5 years of people leadership experience
- Experience in managing all plant operations
- Ability to foster team dynamics and develop leadership competencies within the team
- Solid understanding of operational processes and business acumen
- Strong problem-solving methodologies
- Compliance experience with Environmental, Health and Safety regulations
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of flexible PTO, a matching 401K plan, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, and so much more.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here?
If so, we would like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the SIEMENS family.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.