- You define technical consulting projects in the area of software development and architecture design with a focus on distributed systems (edge computing, distributed computing, device management, etc.) for in-house customers
- In doing so, you link industrial requirements with state-of-the-art technology
- You evaluate and use novel technologies, contribute your own ideas and implement them
- You analyze, migrate and optimize existing software
- You design and develop tools and software components
- You realize prototypes and proof-of-concepts
- You have the opportunity to contribute to research topics in the area of Edge Computing, Device Management, Distributed Systems
- MSc in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related area. Ph.D would be a plus.
- Atleast 2 years of experience in professional software design and development
- Advanced knowledge in various programming languages (C, C++, Python, Typescript, Go, …)
- In-depth understanding of OS internals, network communication (above Layer 2), open-source development, tools, libraries
- Familiar in using git-based repositories and CI/CD systems
- You have knowledge in tools for runtime analysis, microservices, scalable systems, container technologies, or procedures for ensuring the correctness of software components in the environment of parallel and distributed systems.
- Ideally, you have a proven track record of contributing to research and development in the areas of Internet of Things, parallel and distributed algorithms, and related applications
- You have excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Very good German and English complete your profile.
- Dynamic and international highly qualified team.
- International set-up (including Germany, USA, China), also with the possibility for delegations
- Insight into various domains and projects: from industrial automation to railway technology to smart grids and smart cities as well as medical technology
- You will have the opportunity to apply modern technologies and processes from areas such as IoT, multicore, low latency communication, embedded systems, etc. on industrially relevant hardware in different scenarios.
- Strong networking within and outside the Siemens Group
- Wide range of training courses
- Many medium to long-term development opportunities within the company
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a global standard
- Attractive remuneration package
- 30 leave days and a variety of flexible working models that allow time off for yourself and your family
- Share matching programs to become a shareholder of Siemens AG
- Broad range of wellbeing offerings
- Location-dependent childcare services to combine family and career
- Barrier-free locations
- Find more benefits here
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time