Russelectric, A Siemens Business, is a leading U.S. manufacturer of power control systems including paralleling switchgear and automatic transfer switches. As a growing business, we are looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our growing team. The field service engineer performs emergency repairs, warranty service; field service & engineering of electrical power distribution and control equipment.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer to cover the Chicago area, but there may also be some national travel.
- Troubleshooting of programmable logic controllers (PLC’s).
- Installation and troubleshooting of 480VAC/12.47KVAC, switchgear, ATS, circuit breakers and generator system controls.
- Providing technical support for field startups (standard & non-standard systems), warranty efforts, remedial repairs and preventative maintenance contracts
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with all safety policies, procedures, guidelines and laws.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 3 + years in Field Service Engineering is desired
- Training in electrical theory and technologies. Experience and/or prior military service performing applicable job duties.
- Power distribution, AC/DC, Voltage Circuit Theory and practical troubleshooting skills
- Diesel Power generation related controls and experience, including paralleled systems.
- Strong background in electrical power including low voltage through medium voltage and experience with most types of switchgear testing required.
- Experience with programming PLCs and HMIs.
- Reading schematics and blueprints for power control, automation and customer technical support.
This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Must have the ability to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work; this includes out-of-town / national work.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.