Salary starting from: £42,500
Will you Transform the Everyday with Siemens?
We believe that technology provides the solutions for the greatest challenges of our time. Technology is made by people –it's up to us to lead the change and create impact. This is how we give innovation a meaning. This is technology with purpose
Siemens has a long history of providing end-to-end electric Solutions for networks metering. We provide specialist and proven design capability, manufacturing, testing and commissioning in dedicated facilities. At our UKAS accredited laboratory we build high quality metering solutions for the precision measurement of energy in large capacity circuits. Our solutions are used by National Grid, major UK power stations, ABB, Alstom, Mitsubishi and others. In addition to our onshore credentials we also meter the energy generated by offshore wind turbines and naturally all of our work is independently verified.
We are recruiting for a cyber-security engineer for our Grid Software business in Rochester.
What part will you play?
- Support and consult the project leaders in Project Services in implementing the required cyber-security solutions (software and hardware).
- Define security specifications for client proposals to meet requirements
- Support project teams in conducting the corresponding security activities throughout the lifecycle of the project (from opportunity development phase, development & engineering through to installation, commissioning, testing, and servicing)
- Support multiple projects at the same time, and act as the security expert on the projects
- Coordinate with Sales to actively develop cyber-security as a value-added offering to customers. Activities can be related to IT, Operational Technology, Cyber-security and/or Product Solutions Security.
- Support Product Teams regarding secure development of in-house products and evaluation of 3rd Party products and to define secure configuration requirements.
- Support Business to integrate Siemens Product Solutions Security processes into business area.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Degree in Computer science or electrical engineering or cybersecurity
- ‘ISA/IEC62443 Cybersecurity Expert’ or similar certification is essential or working towards certification
- Experience and knowledge of industrial communications protocols used in IACS Operational Technology environments and secure implementation of them (MODBUS, DNP3, IEC61850, IEC60870-5-104).
- Experience in the cybersecurity field, with some experience in an industrial setting— specifically in a process control engineering setting
- Practical experience working in defined project/product lifecycle management environment
- Knowledge / certification in configuring network devices such as routers / firewalls/ switches etc would be an advantage
- Very good knowledge or experience in at least one of these areas: Secure Architecture & Design; Secure Implementation; Security Testing; Secure Project Integration; or Secure Services.
- Great communication and influencing skills
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that training and development is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s career growth, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool - you can read more about our commitment to diversity by clicking here
We also welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here
We have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time