Siemens Grand Prairie is looking for a fulltime Manufacturing Engineer to be an integral part of our journey towards streamlining and automating assembly processes. The candidate must function as a strong technologist, work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment, and drive solutions from concept to implementation. This engineering position will manage projects which include new production equipment, process improvements and cost reductions while supporting existing manufacturing solutions.
An ideal candidate would be a self-motivated individual who possesses high initiative, excellent problem-solving skills and a passion for manufacturing technology advancement.
• Develop in depth understanding of manufacturing processes to ensure continuous maintenance and troubleshooting of all existing manufacturing equipment
• Supports the organization in meeting production schedules through resolving technical, equipment or operational issues
• Work with Product Development to ensure Design for Manufacturability and promote standardization
• Lead projects associated with automation including contractor/integrator management, requirement specification, layout designing, commissioning, debugging and validation
• Design and implement fixtures required for process improvement
• Provide technical and operational training to operators and maintenance
Knowledge, Skills and Education:
• Bachelors in any Engineering, Automation or Manufacturing Technology discipline
• 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience developing capital appropriation requests (business case) including demonstrating business need, calculating ROI and obtaining quotes
• Experience creating specifications for manufacturing equipment
• Experience introducing new products and new processes from a prototype environment to a production environment
• Experience designing production line layouts
• Proficient in designing, testing, and delivering fixtures/jigs/tooling for assembly (especially via 3D printing)
Preferred but not required:
• Additive Manufacturing experience with FDM, SLA, or MJF equipment
• Familiarity with robotic automation
• Experience with Komax equipment
• Experience with simulation software(s)
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.