Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your passion for problem solving to ensure your clients can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment and your work can help the society you live in? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022Our Culture:
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of development opportunities and career advancement.Position Overview
The position of Account Executive for Energy Performance Solutions (EPS) is part of the Smart Infrastructure Regional Solutions and Services organization. This market leading position will report directly to the Regional Sales Manager. This role will focus on the State and Local Government vertical New Jersey. The Account Executive will identify market needs and develop sales strategies that address their client’s goals and deliver solutions that improve their business delivery, infrastructure, operations, and profitability.
EPS works to position Siemens as the preferred solutions provider for value-based building energy retrofit, Energy Performance Contracting and Distributed Energy Systems (DES) projects. This person will lead the client opportunity development across the assigned geography and collaborate with local Siemens business branches and all levels of management.Responsibilities
Under limited supervision, you will grow the EPS business in the target market through maintaining Executive leadership relationships and demonstrate proficiency in value-selling solutions and services at this level. Develop sales funnel through early identification and qualification of sales opportunities. Develop and implement sales strategies for individual accounts that take advantage of the Siemens portfolio and provide the highest value to the client. Consultatively assisting targeted clients in understanding financial business goals, uncovering challenges, and defining long-term infrastructure solutions whether self-funding or business outcome oriented.
Thoroughly understanding the sophisticated challenges faced by the market/clients, with a strategic approach to help address and overcome these by developing mutually-beneficial partnerships. Acquiring letters of intent, coordinating financing options and negotiating contracts, as needed. Works well with internal and external teams such as operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to acquire client commitment. Team-sells with other salespeople when appropriate and mutually beneficial. Follows through on sold projects to ensure expected client outcomes.
Participates in regional local government associations and professional organizations, workshops and seminars. Understands and explains the correlation between market drivers, business objectives, and operational issues as they relate to value propositions—applying this knowledge as a strategic sales mentor to build account strategies. Maintain, report and be responsible for the internal sales process. Effectively completes needs assessments, financial justifications, and related proposals and presentations.
Contribute to the evolution of program strategies and the design of program features, services, and marketing campaignsRequired Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 3+years of executive consultative selling experience providing sophisticated solutions to MUSH clients, or financial transactions that underwrite construction (e.g. underwriting bonds) or other complex solution sales to executive decision-makers in the geography in which this role will sell.
- Proven involvement in successful energy projects
- Expertise in the energy industry, specifically Distributed Energy sector
- Experience with Project and Energy Finance
- Relationship or history with local government clients and familiarity with procurement processes
- Familiarity with energy-related government and utility subsidy programs and energy laws
- Familiarity with local utility regulations
- Up to 40% regional travel may be required
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing. Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent proven industry experience
- Related technical and financial expertise with an aptitude to learn and competently use contractual and financial concepts.
- Ability to plan, navigate and negotiate a sophisticated sales process.
- Strong understanding of client business & drivers.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Comprehensive Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive, flexible paid time off plan, and holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Vehicle business use compensation plan
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.