- Under close supervision, the Assembler I is responsible for assembling component parts for rail communications equipment. Reports directly to Production Supervisor and/or Team Leader.
- Shift 1: 7:00am – 3:30pm
The Assembler I will be responsible for the assembly of component parts with the use of assembly prints and Bill of Materials (BOM). The Assembler I will be trained. Also responsible for:
Printed Circuit Board Assembly Focus:
- Read wiring diagram and retrieve instructions from system to determine assembly duties
- Selects components, such as transistors, resistors, relays, capacitors, and integrated circuits to fulfill duties
- Twists, bends, trims, strips, or files wire leads of components holes in boards to insert wire leads, using hand tools
- Press-fits component leads onto board
- Solders wire leads and joints on underside of board, using soldering iron, to route and connect lead wires to board and between individual components
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products
- Utilize hand held tools such as hand held screw and drill gun
- Work with quality department to ensure the product meets quality standards
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge on how to read drawings and any applicable industry standards
- Must be able to read work instructions, schematics, assembly drawings, and prints
- Basic computer skills required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Problem solving skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of one year manufacturing experience preferred
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and making a positive impact on the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.